Company: KSM Consulting
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: February 17, 2020
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring
innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts
sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on
some days, you are the giant. That's what we call...
At ourgrowing Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management
consulting firm, you'll be exposed to the latest industry trends as
well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And
through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how,
you help those clients find the solution that's right for them. In
everything you do, you'll help your clients, colleagues, and
At KSMC we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about
helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Having a strong
internal operations team is necessary to our success.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our talented
operations team. As the Staff Accountant, you will work with the
finance team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial
reporting related to accounts payable, expenses, and payroll for
all divisions within the organization. We are looking for someone
who can think critically to resolve issues as they arise, pay
attention to details to ensure accuracy, a professional demeanor in
all interactions, and a mindset to always look for more efficient
ways to complete a task. This individual must independently manage
their responsibilities while being a solid representative of KSMC's
culture and core values.
Here's what a typical day for you might look like:
- Receives and posts payable invoices to the general ledger;
- Prepares and processes accounts payable checks and ACH payment
- Prepares reconciliation of payments;
- Maintains vendor payment schedule to ensure payments are up to
- Resolves vendor discrepancies
- Performs vendor file maintenance;
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries;
- Processes and verifies monthly expense reporting;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Compares budget to actual expenses and alerts the team of
- Establishes new vendors and ensure appropriate compliance with
1099 report and W-9 acquisition
- Helps with 1099 reporting requirements
- Process Payroll using Workforce Now
- Maintain employee wage garnishments and child support
- Create subsequent journal entries
- Ensure hourly time cards are submitted and entered into ADP
- Set-up new states as necessary
- Reconcile accrued payroll monthly
- Assist with budget requirements related to payroll
- Assist with audits including 401k plan and financial statement
- Develop efficient processes to ensure accurate payroll
- Provide reporting as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of, and complies with federal,
state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new
legislation; advising management on needed actions.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- 1+ years experience in Accounts Payable or Payroll role
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of
clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways
including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community
Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to
keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation
activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry
and hope that you're up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin,
race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: KSM Consulting, Fort Wayne , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!