Personal Banker - Angola, IN
Company: Keybank National Association
Posted on: November 26, 2022
1901 N Wayne Street - Angola, Indiana 46703
Financial Wellness education is a big opportunity in our
communities. In response to that need, Key's branches have become
more advice centered. We equip our Bankers with a state-of-the-art
digital tool that empowers them to have deeper conversations with
clients. This tool allows us to deliver expert advice to our
clients and gets them thinking about important questions related to
The financial wellness platform does the heavy lifting in these
conversations. You don't have to be a financial expert to be a
successful Personal Banker, you just need to have a strong desire
to help people make better financial choices and be good at
starting conversations, quickly building a rapport, and asking
deeper questions. You really need to love the sales process,
providing solutions to clients' needs, and the excitement of
achieving sales goals to be successful in this role.
You'll work with the public. Empathy and a willingness to treat our
clients like you would a family member is critical. Everyone is at
a different place on their financial journey and we are here to
help them in any way we can.
What You'll Get from This Opportunity:
* Our total incentive compensation plan is highly competitive
(salary + generous bonuses for high performers).
* Generous and unique benefits - 401(k) matching (dollar-for-dollar
up to 6%), generous PTO, fitness and tuition reimbursement, and so
* You are exposed to many areas of expertise in this role (Mortgage
Loan Officers, Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, etc.) and will
uncover multiple avenues for career growth and development (we
support becoming licensed or following the many other career paths
within the bank).
* Paid job training and access to a library of specialized
professional development and training courses.
* Access to a formal enterprise mentoring program.
* There is a lot of daily variety in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
* Solution-based sales, delivering exceptional client service in
* Providing clients with ease, value and expertise by taking them
through financial wellness reviews and answering any questions they
* Developing strong partnerships with line of business partners -
focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of
current clients; effectively managing internal and external centers
* Calling on a book of business, setting appointments, following up
on referrals, and going out into the field to obtain new
* Opening personal and business accounts (consumer checking, small
business, various deposit products, home equity, unsecured lending,
certificates of deposit, etc.).
* Sometimes supporting branch operations such as assisting with
client transactions on the Teller line and maintaining
documentation on interactions with clients.
* Ensuring compliance with operational, risk, security and audit
procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of
* All Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all
times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and
act in the best interest our clients and Key.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience (undergraduate
* 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer
relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources.
Experience with sales is more important than financial services
experience. KeyBank provides the tools and training, but we need
natural relationship builders who are great at sparking
* The ideal Personal Banker is sales-driven, self-motivated, and
competitive. The best bankers always know their numbers and find
ways to drive towards success.
* Interpersonal interaction skills and an ability to build rapport
in matter of minutes is vital.
* Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with
consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside
calling, prospecting and networking. Comfort going out on business
calls, overcoming objection, and asking fact-finding questions with
the goal of being helpful.
* A keen ability to manage your time and own your day - balancing
serving clients and growing your book of business.
* Demonstrated experience with influencing business partners and
leveraging centers of influence, as this role will require
significant influence of partners such as Key Investment Services,
Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals.
* Proven customer service and communication skills and ability to
work in a small team environment.
* Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products
including Word, Excel, etc.).
* Ability to work branch hours, typically includes Saturday
* Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel
outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
* Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office
setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with
clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects,
occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting
of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
What It's Like to Work with Us:
When we say our branches are like families, we mean it. Our
branches are typically small, tight-knit teams that support one
another and help each other grow. At Key we pride ourselves on
being a highly collaborative culture that wins by sharing,
networking, and supporting fellow team members. We also extend that
welcoming culture to the clients we serve. We are seeing longer
client tenure, higher savings growth and higher satisfaction scores
from clients who have gone through financial wellness reviews. Our
branch client impact stories are inspiring. We are developing
emotional connections with clients by helping them on their path to
smarter finances. Come join us, we truly do work that matters.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules
and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage
Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or
transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification
requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to
acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction
secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are
not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility,
character, and general fitness through review of a criminal
background check, credit report, and information about any
administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who
are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may
request reasonable accommodations by emailing
Keywords: Keybank National Association, Fort Wayne , Personal Banker - Angola, IN, Accounting, Auditing , Angola, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!