Company: Republic Services
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: With general direction, utilizing an
understanding of accounting principles, the Division Accountant
performs accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor
financial information. The Division Accountant prepares financial
reports in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with
company accounting policies. The Division Accountant may act as a
resource for accounting and general administrative staff and is
responsible for a broad array of accounting duties.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal
entries and document business transactions. Prepares monthly and
quarterly operational performance reports. In doing so, utilizes
discretion and judgment as to matters of significance.
- Assists the Business Unit Finance Manager in ensuring there are
proper internal controls in place including compliance with company
policies and procedures, Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory
requirements. In doing so, utilizes discretion and judgment as to
matters of significance.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and statistical data and
fully analyses financial statements in accordance with GAAP and
- May assist the Business Unit Finance Manager in the management
of accounting personnel. May provide direction to the different
accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash
receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable
collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data,
- Supports the Business Unit Finance Manager during the annual
budget and interim forecasting process and assists with analytical
- Supports the accounting aspects of capital expenditures,
transfers and retirements.
- Assists with periodic financial audits including internal
audits, external audits and peer reviews.
- Provides support and responds to information requests from
corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental
compliance, legal, etc.) as well as region and area field financial
management as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully and
fully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure
compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Effective and professional interpersonal communication across
various levels of the organization and with external customers and
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in
high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and efficiently
within a team environment.
- Experience with general ledger software and other programs
consistently used in industry.
- Experience with Lawson accounting software and other programs
consistently used in industry.
- MBA and/or CPA designation.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related
field of study.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Fort Wayne , Division Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!