Football Head Coach
Company: Manchester University
Location: North Manchester
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position: Football Head Coach
Campus: North Manchester Campus
Target Hire Date: January 30, 2023 Position Overview: The head
coach is responsible leading a successful football program at
Manchester University. This will include managing all aspects of
coaching, eligibility, recruitment, retention, budget and
scheduling. The head coach is also responsible for fundraising for
the program. The head coach will manage a staff of assistant
coaches. Essential job functions:
- Eligibility, including:
- Furnishes a list of team members for eligibility clarification
before preseason, after preseason and at the end of the year.
- Monitors student-athletes' eligibility during season.
- Works with Student Life colleagues to coordinate support for
- Recruiting, including:
- Recruitment of student-athletes with a commitment to academic
- Supervise and coordinate athletic recruiting efforts with
assistant coaching staff and Office of Admissions.
- Provide an annual recruitment plan.
- Retention, including:
- Work with the Office of Student Life, Office of Enrollment and
Athletic Director to establish retention programs and retention
rates for the program.
- Maintain satisfactory retention rate for program.
- Track retention rates within the program.
- Benchmark internally, within the University, and
- Externally, with other NCAA Division III schools.
- Report on retention progress for the program.
- Budget, including:
- Prepares the initial budget request.
- Orders equipment through established procedures.
- Arranges team transportation, makes hotel reservations and
organizes team meals on off-campus trips.
- Completes a yearly inventory. Issues, collects and stores all
equipment. Arranges for equipment repair.
- Coaching, Scheduling and Team Management, including:
- Determines goals and objectives for sport within the philosophy
of the institution.
- Organizes and conducts practice/training sessions.
- Insure appropriate safety precautions during practice, games
and team travel.
- Cooperation with the Athletic Training staff by submitting
practice schedules, game schedules, and complete roster information
in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Sports Information Director in regard to
internal and external publicity.
- Works with Director of Athletics on scheduling and travel
- Works with Director of Athletics on field or court preparations
and insures facilities are set up.
- Arrange for alternate eating plans if practice times conflict
with food service schedule.
- Establishes guidelines for proper conduct of
- Recommends student-athletes for awards.
- Evaluates assistant coaches yearly and recommends any changes
to Director of Athletics.
- Provides adequate feedback and evaluation to student-athletes
as to potential, progress, and performance.
- Responsible for driving University owned vehicles to away
- Complete reports as required for the athletic department, other
campus offices and external constituents.
- Monitor facilities as assigned Other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and
inclusion among students, faculty, and staff.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial,
ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Willingness to enhance professional growth by attending clinics
and workshops as well as belonging to national and state coaching
- Ability to represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate
and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to abide by the rules for the sport of the NCAA, HCAC,
and Manchester University at all times.
- Ability to attend athletic staff meetings, mandatory
student-athlete programs, admissions events, sports banquets and
athletic fundraising activities.
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural
- Bachelor's degree or five years coaching experience
- Experience in NCAA Division III athletics preferred, as a coach
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test.
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification required (available on-site).
General information: Manchester University is an independent,
liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind.,
where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of
undergraduate study, two master's programs, and 21 NCAA Division
III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to
growing health science programs, including athletic training,
nursing, nutrition and nutrigenomics, pharmacy, pharmacogenomics,
and physical therapy. Manchester has a distinctive commitment to
developing respect for ethnic, cultural, and religious pluralism
and international consciousness. Manchester University respects the
infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability
and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead
principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the
human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the
Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning,
faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community. Work schedule:
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. This is a twelve
(12) month position. Travel is required and includes flexible work
hours, especially in-season. M-F with weekends required. To apply:
We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with
students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds. The review of
applications begins immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter
and resume with your completed employment application. Questions
can be emailed to HR@manchester.edu. Manchester University is an
equal opportunity employer.Applicants who further diversify our
faculty and staff are warmly welcome.
Keywords: Manchester University, Fort Wayne , Football Head Coach, Education / Teaching , North Manchester, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!