Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Van Wert
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Hydraulic Fluid Conveyance Division is seeking a Senior
Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The position will be based
at our Van Wert, OH facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the for the
creation, ownership, and improvement of processes plant-wide. The
Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be guiding/supporting in a
teaming environment. You will also have responsibilities across the
plant including the following activities: safety, cost reduction /
cost out projects, product cost estimating, developing and
maintaining production standards and standard work. The Senior
Manufacturing Engineer will assist in the coordination of the
capital spending program, insuring accuracy of BOM and routings
within ERP system, and assisting in new product launch during and
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support cost reduction projects, value testing and
economic programs in order to reduce labor and burden
- You will own, prepare, and maintain all production standard
work and production documentation, conduct regular standard work
- You will develop, maintain, and improve plant/work cell
- You will ensure that process improvements are accurately
reflected in product costs and labor and material
- You will participate in ergonomics team meetings with goal of
identifying and eliminating ergonomics risks.
- You will evaluate customer returns for root cause and
corrective actions, utilizing formal problem solving tools such as
8D studies, PFMEA's, Control plans, etc. and being able to tie this
evaluation back to operations standard work and product
- You will Support new product / process development utilizing
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its
Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S.. This transaction is expected
to be completed by the end of Q1 2021 and this position is expected
to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to
Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will
initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton's plans,
programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position
and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the
transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to
employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 year of experience with CNC programming.
- Experience managing projects and/or teams.
- Familiarity with Lean tools.
Position Success Criteria
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Knowledge of cost estimating and cost out skills / tools
- Knowledge and application of problem solving tools and
- Proficiency with various computer software and applications
such as CAD/CAM, Excel, Word, MS Project, Minitab.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Ohio-Van Wert
Van Wert OH Loc
HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :093896
Keywords: Eaton, Fort Wayne , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Van Wert, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!