Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire
opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a reputable company in
Coldwater, MI or Wabash, IN. The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
will use his/her knowledge of project management to plan and
implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements and
provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve
operations within the business unit.Primary Responsibilities:
- Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local,
state and federal safety rules and regulations, and keeping abreast
of current policies, procedures, ensuring outside
vendors/contractors comply with the same. Investigate, develop and
provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to
plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and the completion of
capital projects This includes accruing resources and coordinating
the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or
consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end,
overseeing quality control throughout the project implementation
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support
business goals Provide field engineering technical support,
communication and advice to plant managers and operating personal
concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of
critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or a as
part of process improvement tasks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget
changes when necessary.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members,
contractors and stakeholders.
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the
implementation of capital projects.--Minimum Requirements:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
related engineering field is required.
- 10+ years of related industrial experience, including planning,
specification, and implementation of engineering design
- Project management skills with experience overseeing projects
in the million plus range.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor is a plus.
- Strong technical and process management skills are required in
this position, with ability to work multiple projects
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills
including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical
judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Must be able to overcome obstacles and find reasonable
resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as
- Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating
to role's accountabilities.
- Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from
manager is needed.
- Willingness to and interest in travel approximately 60% of the
time, as needed.
- Six Sigma/PMP certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of aluminum processes is a plus.----Why
Kelly--?Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find
the right fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect
you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow,
collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with
top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Fort Wayne , Project Engineer, Engineering , Wabash, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!