Location: Van Wert
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain
companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions
addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution
requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing
Engineer will perform manufacturing engineering functions relative
to department objectives.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Ensure and encourage a safe working environment by promoting
safety and environmental compliance with all safety rules and
- Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical
techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing
processes and products in Metal Stamping Area.
- Develop, recommend and implement changes, that will result in
the improvement of metals stamping productivity and product
- Supervise trial runs on proposed changes or on sample parts and
evaluate the results.
- Provide technical assistance to production department, tool
designers and tool room.
- Advise and Assist in the purchase and implementation of new
equipment, tooling to improve and support manufacturing
- Provide technical assistance for metal phosphate process used
in rubber to metal bonding.
- Assist in the training of production and other salaried
personnel on the shop floor.
- Assist Engineering Coordinator and Value Stream Manager in
development of capital & expense budgets.
- Participate on cross functional improvement teams.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or
related Engineering Technology field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of experience in metal forming.
- Strong knowledge of metal forming, die design; tool and
- Experience with progressive dies and manual and automatic 60 to
500-ton mechanical stamping presses.
- Shop floor trouble shooting skills
- SMED skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fort Wayne , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Van Wert, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!