Company: Bosch USA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company DescriptionThe Electrical Drives Division of Robert
Bosch LLC - ED/TS-NA Albion is a leading automotive supplier and
manufacturer of cooling fans, coolant valves and high precision
molded components. Our products and services fulfill the highest
demands of our customers concerning quality, function, cost,
dynamic, safety and comfort.Our innovative strength is based on
continuously increasing technological competence in mechanics,
electrics and electronics as well as global presence and market
orientation.Customer satisfaction is key to our Success. We are
committed to producing perfect Quality, to being pro-active in
meeting our Customers' requests, and to being a good partner in
developing new solutions that meet and exceed our Customers'
expectations.The foundation for the ED NA business is our
Associates. Our Associates are engaged, motivated, and they take
ownership for the success of our business in North America.
- Albion Plant Vision: Secure Bosch future by providing a
distinct competitive advantage regarding quality, profitability,
technology and overall customer satisfaction through measureable
lean processes and molding competencies.Job DescriptionPosition
SummaryThe Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting
various aspects of the Quality Management and Methods (QMM) for the
Bosch Albion plant in a very dynamic and time critical landscape.
In addition, the Quality Engineer will actively participate as a
vital team member that will support in new product launch, existing
production, problem solving, and continuous improvement activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides interface between plant to plant and customer quality
issues to resolve concerns, complaints, material disposition and
reporting as required.
- Promotes and supports APQP by participating in advanced quality
programs with internal and external customers.
- Represents Quality in cross functional teams and is responsible
to prepare and submit PPAP for approval with internal and external
- Conducts returned part analysis from internal and external
customers with support of manufacturing engineering and
- Supports customer or third-party plant audits, surveys, or
- Visit customer plants as needed in support of quality concerns
or program launch activity.
- Reviews internal and external quality performance statistics
and makes recommendations for actions required.
- Lead and/or support structured problem solving processes for
internal and external concerns with follow-up on actions to confirm
effective corrective actions
- Coordinates suspect material sorting and disposition with the
support of internal quality auditors and manufacturing personnel,
along with 3rd party providers as required.
- Coordinates control plan and inspection plan development,
measuring and inspection equipment evaluation, and inspection
- Promotes and supports the company quality policy, procedures,
and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Perform quality assurance and other duties as
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing
Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years quality and/or manufacturing engineering
- Automotive background and experience with customer specific
requirements (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, etc.)
- Problem solving experience using methodologies such as 8D,
Shainin, or Six Sigma.
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, and MSA experience.
- Strong communication, organization, project management skills
with attention to detail.Preferred:
- Background in plastic injection molding and manufacturing
assembly processes a plus.
- CQE certification desired.
- FMEA Moderation experience desired.Additional InformationAll
your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce -
EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM
(Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics)
InitiativesFIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of
Science and Technology)AWIM (A World In Motion) Indefinite U.S.
work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work
Keywords: Bosch USA, Fort Wayne , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Albion, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!