Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your
career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.Our Nutrition
business develops science-based nutrition products for people of
all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult
bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count
on our leading brands - including Similac , PediaSure , Pedialyte ,
Ensure , Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help get the nutrients they
need to live their healthiest life.Our location in Sturgis, MI
currently has an opportunity for a Project Engineer. Abbott s
Sturgis, Mich., location is an award-winning nutrition
manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary
as part of the community. Working here, you ll feel part of a
family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the
world.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities WHAT YOU LL DO
- Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in
project management, project planning, budgets and
- Manages the most important and challenging projects.
- Defines project resources, performance reviews and post
- Takes ownership of the successful implementation of the
- Designs, communicates, and implements operational plans for
completing the most complex specialist projects.
- Monitor progress and performance against the project plan.
- Take action to resolve operational problems and minimize
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the
- This may include preparing engineering designs and work
specifications, developing project schedules, budgets and
forecasts, and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and
- Liaise with other operational areas in the organization (e.g.,
engineering, drafting, technical) to secure specialized resources
and contributions for the project.
- Select and manage the activities of contractors to ensure they
are integrated into the project and the organization receives
satisfactory standards of service.
- Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status
of the project.
- Set priorities, allocate tasks, and coordinate project staff to
meet project targets and milestones. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU
- Bachelor's degree plus 4+ years of related work experience with
a strong understanding of specified functional area, or an
equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong understanding of business unit function and cross group
- Advanced degree preferred. Learn more about our benefits that
add real value to your life to help you live fully: Follow your
career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Fort Wayne , Project Engineer, Engineering , Auburn, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!