Company: Job Juncture
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: January 26, 2023
This Materials Engineer position will support the Engineering
Department by performing the following duties:
- Development and application of thermoplastics, such as
polyamides, copolyesters, polypropylene, and other materials for
extrusion and injection molding.
- Development and application of elastomers, such as EPDM, FKM,
and other sealing and hose applications.
- Provide technical advice about the suitability and
sustainability of materials.
- Develop, test, and evaluate alternative and new materials while
supporting the engineering and manufacturing labs.
- Design experiments and physical testing to meet customer
specific objectives and performance requirements as well as company
- Perform relevant research on materials and processes to improve
and further develop company product portfolio.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material
- Prepare program DVP cost and timing estimates in support of
future business planning.
- Support and collaborate with multiple project teams.
- Define and analyze test results to confirm the functional
capability of the design.
- Support lab and engineering to further develop both in-house
and external capabilities.
- Collaborate and coordinate development projects with company's
subsidiaries and global colleagues.
- Provide direction and support to Engineering group.
- Support production facilities in the extrusion and injection
- Direct production facilities in the processing of new
- Able to problem solve and diagnose test failures and
- Act as liaison between suppliers, customers, and
- Support and participate in Polymer Tech Center
- Research new materials and evaluate for use in future
- Participate in industry technical committees.
- Contribute to the achievement of quality/management objectives
by ensuring that company policies, procedures, and processes are
- Follow all Quality Management Systems, the Environmental
Management Systems, and, when applicable, support global partners
in adhering to their systems as well.
- Participate in plant recycling programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, materials, polymer/plastics or
- 5 years' experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Fort Wayne , Materials Engineer, Engineering , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!