Fort Wayne - Specialist, Mechanical Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Mechanical Engineer
Job Code: SAS5
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
L3Harris is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to be part of our growing
mechanical packaging product development team; interested in
developing mission critical products that matter.
- Design and Development of rugged, high performance, complex
electro-mechanical hardware and packaging for harsh
- Executing design engineering trade studies in a structured,
detailed manner, within a cross functional environment to identify
and recommend solutions meeting technical, cost, quality and
- Development of innovative packaging solutions that solve
challenging size, weight, and power requirements.
- Project management of mechanical packaging sub-system design
teams from concept development through production release,
qualification testing and delivery.
- Delivering functional designs robust to the variation of
fabrication, assembly, and materials; as well as the product's
operational, launch, test, and integration environments.
- Proactively seeks knowledge and design feedback from relevant
organizations and individuals across the products value chain and
incorporating lessons learned into active and future designs.
- Initiates, leads, and participates in, technical, process,
assembly, and test peer reviews of designs.
- Supporting, brainstorming, and/or leading lean improvement
initiatives to reduce waste and improve efficiency of L3Harris.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited
- (4) years minimum experience working as a mechanical
- Experience in the area of assembly design and packaging of
- Experience in CAD 3D Design/Modeling techniques.
- Excellent Communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined
- Experienced presenting Design Reviews to team leaders.
- Experienced in the application of ASME Y14.5 GD&T.
- Knowledge of design practices with respect to tolerances,
variation of material properties, and DFMA.
- Experienced in working as part of a mechanical design team and
leading small teams of MCAD Designers and mechanical engineers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience electro-mechanical packaging and engineering of
Rugged Electronics Packages.
- DFMA Analysis.
- Tolerance Stack-up Analysis.
- Design, Schedule and Cost Estimating for Proposals
- Proficient in PTC CREO.
- Direct experience with mounting circuit card assemblies (CCA)
into rugged lightweight enclosures.
- Knowledge of ESD/EMI use of gaskets, coatings, connectors
- Photosensitive detectors, thin film coatings, & adhesives
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Fort Wayne , Fort Wayne - Specialist, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Uniondale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!