Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program
Company: Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: May 17, 2020
Residency Director opening in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Parkview Health,
a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving northeast
Indiana and northwest Ohio is seeking a Founding Program Director
to develop a General Surgery Residency Program (3 residents per
year). Parkview Health now operates more than 80 community
hospitals, clinics, and health facilities in over 312 locations
throughout the region serving a population of more than 895,000 or
more than 10% of the population in the state of Indiana. As the
region's largest employer with more than 12,000 employees, Parkview
Health includes an extensive network of primary care and specialty
physicians and ten hospitals, with the Parkview Regional Medical
Center campus a regional destination for specialized care.
This is a rare opportunity to build a program that will fill a
vital need and have significant impact on the quality of care
delivery and health outcomes of this population. As a
financially-sound (Moody's Bond Rating of Aa3), community-focused,
expanding health system with strong leadership and Board support,
Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the
development of more than ten residencies during the next five to
The successful candidate will be a confident, visionary leader with
the maturity, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to
inspire, develop, and recruit strong faculty and residents and
advance collaborative relationships with community partners.
The Program Director must:
- Possess the required specialty expertise, as well as documented
educational and administrative abilities, to carry out the
responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and
objectives of the General Surgery Residency Program at Parkview
- Be certified by the American Board of Surgery or hold
credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME's
General Surgery Residency Review Committee.
- Demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- Have minimum of five (5) years' experience as teaching faculty
in an ACGME accredited General Surgery Residency Program.
- At least three (3) years of administrative experience in
Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Parkview Physicians
- Have unrestricted credentials within Parkview Health and be
licensed to practice medicine by the State of Indiana.
Why Choose Parkview Health?
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in
Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health has again been named one of the nation's 15 Top
Health Systems by IBM Watson Health™.
- Parkview Health named one of America's Best Employers by Forbes
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals®
list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the 2019 Best Places
to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region's only CyberKnife® System.
- As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort
Wayne offers an urban education setting that's rich with medical
resources and full-time faculty.
- Fort Wayne, the region's hub consistently ranks as one of the
best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the
nation's lowest cost of living. Salary and academic rank for this
position will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and
academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent benefits
package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
A comprehensive benefits package is included.
For more information about this opportunity or to refer a qualified
candidate please contact:
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
– or has partnered with Parkview Health to provide executive search
services for the Department of GME. Parkview Health is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Kaye/Bassman International Corp., Fort Wayne , Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!