Brunswick Fort Wayne, Director of Operational Excellence
Company: Brunswick Corporation
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: January 8, 2021
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big
difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company
that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and
working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've
found your fit.Have what it takes? Join us.Job Summary -The
Director of Operational Excellence is a key member of the Brunswick
Fort Wayne leadership team and reports directly to the Director of
Operations. The Director of Operational Excellence provides general
leadership and management over industrial and manufacturing
engineering, automation and capital strategy execution, lean six
sigma, continuous improvement, and the manufacturing business
systems with a goal of helping the organization improve safety,
quality, delivery, and productivity. This position is responsible
to lead, direct, and influence the work of others while leveraging
the tools in the Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma toolboxes, along
with manufacturing best practices, to drive continuous improvement
throughout the business.Primary Responsibilities -
- Proactively remove unsafe conditions/actions to ensure health
and safety of all employees remains our number one priority.
- Provide leadership to and direct operational support functions
including manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, lean
six sigma and business analytics in an effort to achieve business
metrics and in alignment with the overall operational and
- Uncover and prioritize improvement opportunities and help
teach/facilitate systematic problem-solving and the use of
continuous improvement techniques to ensure problems are solved at
the root and don't return.
- Improve overall business operations focusing on material flow,
line balancing, lineside material presentation, and on deployment,
and other lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Lead and facilitate the handoff between product development and
engineering and manufacturing to ensure new products are
successfully integrated on schedule and drive continuous efforts to
improve how we bring new models and model changes into
- Own the development and execution of plant automation, advanced
manufacturing, and overall capital improvement road map.
- Partner with the various business stakeholders, from all
departments, to ensure operational goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop, assimilate, and integrate operational support systems
and data reporting strategies in support of key business
- Facilitate the ECR / ECN processes on behalf of the
manufacturing team to ensure changes are properly vetted and
integrated into production.
- Provide hands on leadership and management while utilizing
standardization, identification of abnormal, kaizen, and the
sharing of best practices to deliver best in class operational
- Build a high performing team culture that recognizes and
rewards excellence and encourages individuals to strive for
performance improvement within the business.
- Work collaboratively with functional stakeholders to identify
critical training needs and develop and implement appropriate
- Partner with all functional areas to positively impact culture
and clearly communicate the business objectives.
- Employ Benchmarking techniques to leverage good practices and
share knowledge.Expected Areas of Competence -
- Strong background in lean manufacturing and continuous
improvement with demonstrated ability to effectively catalyze
operational transformation delivering meaningful change.
- Expert ability to influence both with and without direct
- Possess a strategic mind-set with a track record of helping to
develop and execute operational strategies.
- Passion for and exemplary track record of talent
- Experience in planning and execution with excellent time
management and organizational skills.
- Communication techniques and ability to act as a coach and
mentor to help employees reach their full potential.
- Ability to engage others and instill trust both inside and
outside of the value stream.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse group of people to
create an environment that is equitable, inclusive, and
- Ability to make time-bounded and challenging decisions
characterized by logic and reasoning while keeping the
organization's vision and values at the forefront.
- Ability to facilitate and lead using innovative approaches,
addressing of problems and opportunities, and implementation and
acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.Education/Job
- Master's degree in engineering or a related field strongly
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in roles of
- Minimum of 1-year experience in made to order production with
high mix low volume production
- Minimum of 2 years lean management experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience leading continuous improvement
initiatives in a manufacturing facility
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt strongly preferred
- PMP certification preferred.Physical Requirements - Working
conditions are normal for an office environment.Travel Requirements
- 0% - 20%All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, and protected veteran status.We are the people
behind life's passions.Brunswick does not accept applications,
inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or
vendors. For help, please contact our support team at:
email@example.com or 866-278-6942 .Equal Opportunity
Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledEEO is The
Law - click here for more informationBrunswick and Workday Privacy
Keywords: Brunswick Corporation, Fort Wayne , Brunswick Fort Wayne, Director of Operational Excellence, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!