Conservation District Office Manager
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: February 23, 2021
This position is offered a comprehensive and competitive
benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and more
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement plan with up to 5% matching This position is
full-time, nonexempt, classified and covered as defined by The
Board of Commissioners of the County of Allen Employee Handbook.
Hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and as needed; 37.5 hours/week;
overtime as required Under the direction of the District Director,
the Conservation District Office Manager is responsible for
assisting with all aspects of the Soil and Water Conservation
District's (SWCD) programs, policies and activities. ESSENTIAL
- Serves as Recording Treasurer for the SWCD and its multiple
- Processes claims, issues checks, maintains ledgers, prepares
invoices, receipts and monthly statements, prepares financial
reports, and processes payroll and tax payments.
- Assists other SWCD staff with ongoing watershed projects and
their respective Steering Committees/Boards with the planning and
execution of their projects and programs.
- Answers questions via telephone, email and in office and
distributes educational materials and programs.
- Assists with composing and publishing quarterly SWCD
newsletter, as well as special project brochures and
- Responsible for assisting the SWCD Director with program
- Provides staff oversight and supervision and acts as staff
representative in the absence of the Director.
- Records board meeting minutes and maintains records of
- Maintains District vehicle usage and maintenance logs.
- Performs a variety of filing and typing duties.
- Assists the public with materials and services available.
- Attends weekly staff meetings to maintain and coordinate office
schedules and records.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including overtime as
required. Minimum Requirements and Working Conditions REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business or related field and
three years' bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Valid Driver's license to drive County truck with trailer to
and from meetings and events
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office
and other job related software
- Strong knowledge of current Agricultural and Conservation
related practices and programs
- Basic knowledge of Urban Conservation Best Management practices
- Ability to pass Federal Homeland Security background check
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Conservation District Office Manager works
in and out of an office setting with frequent sitting and walking
and some standing. Some lifting of up to sixty pounds,
pushing/pulling, reaching over head and kneeling and frequent
bending and proofreading is required. Very frequent typing and
attention to detail exists. U. S. Patents 7,080,057; 7,310,626;
7,558,767; 7,562,059; 7,472,097; 7,606,778; 8,086,558 and
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Fort Wayne , Conservation District Office Manager, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!