VP/Executive Director of Residential Services
Company: White's Residential & Family Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
White's Residential and Family Services
Job Title: Vice President and Executive Director of State-Referred
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Qualifications: A Christian with strong convictions who is also in
agreement with White's mission statement, Statement of Faith, and
Code of Conduct. The Vice President and Executive Director of
Residential Services must be a Christian and a missionally-driven
person committed to fulfilling scripture through leadership and
advocacy. Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field of
Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, (Christian Ministry) or
Education; a Master's degree in a related field is highly
preferred. Eight to ten years of senior or executive-level
leadership experience including performance management, fiscal
management, and program development experience is highly preferred.
(Experience working in a leadership role in a child or youth
focused environment such as a child welfare agency, therapeutic
setting, educational setting, or the like is required). A proven
track record in driving revenue-producing initiatives and
significant experience in public speaking and community engagement
is highly preferred.
Employment Status: Full-time/Regular/Exempt
Job Summary: This is a full time position as a part of a large
complex social service agency. The position requires a person with
the capacity to know and understand the integral aspects of a large
agency serving families and children that are referred by the
state. The person is the recognized leader that creates and
maintains a healthy culture within Residential Services that
attracts and retains those who embody our core values. This
position is responsible for overseeing the operations pertaining to
Wabash-based State-referred residential programs and services;
expanding current and developing new programs to meet the needs in
undeveloped regions of the state as approved by the Board of
Directors; spanning the areas of marketing, public relations, and
collaborative program development; and enhancing the efforts of the
Program and Campus Life staff, Development staff, President and
Chief Executive Officer ("CEO"), and Board of Directors. This
individual must create an environment that is sensitive and
responsive to our service population's cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics and needs.
Administrative Oversight and Human Resource Management
- Participate in strategic planning efforts with CEO and
leadership team to develop a vision and plan to guide short and
long-term programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for site operations, including helping develop and
provide oversight for meeting the parameters and goals set forth
within the budget, financial stewardship overall, administration,
and program integrity.
- Develop financial plans; Oversee the implementation and use of
best business practices across Wabash's residential staff and
facilities; Review and analyze financial reports; identify issues
in order to address deficits and other threats to financial success
and stability; Support the budgeting process for the organization
at large; Submit to CEO a written monthly activity and financial
report of Wabash's Residential Services.
- Collaborate with Support Services to ensure that the campus
grounds, including all facilities, are well maintained and that
safety is optimized through the proper and most efficient
allocation of finances.
- Lead all areas of organizational health throughout Residential
Services. In conjunction with the CHRO develop and oversee an
annual plan for worker engagement scores to be in the "flourishing"
- Hire, Develop, and supervise key leadership staff within the
Residential Services department in Wabash; develop an effective
management / senior leadership team and succession plan for the
- Provide direction and supervision to direct reports to maximize
productivity and develop talent and the potential of staff.
- Collaborate with White's School Principal (from MSD) and School
staff on the Wabash campus regarding the implementation and
utilization of systems, processes, and policies that ensure all
academic standards and objectives are met relative to the quality
of the individual and aggregate learning experience of Wabash's
- Ensure that effective relationships exist between school and
residential staff in order to strengthen collaboration and
consistency with regard to behavior management of the students
across all staff.
- Collaborate with Principal and CEO to have positive working
relationships with local school system.
- Oversee the Vocational program-Growing Teens for Life, that
will provide relevant opportunities for our Residential population.
Clinical Services and Medicaid Oversight
- Ensure that White's has a training program that teaches and
reinforces the fundamentals of our clinical approach to providing
therapeutic and evidence-based care; ensure that the comprehensive
program balances clinical and behavioral objectives in all settings
and facets of student experience at White's.
- Ensure that White's Clinical Services staff complies with
regulations and drive the development of sustainable support
processes and systems.
- Oversee the administration and fulfillment of contractual and
payment obligations for all contracted external providers
responsible for White's mental health services and other health
care services; communicate regularly with and provide supervision
for Psychiatrist. Licensing, Accreditation, and Risk Management
- Ensure that all aspects of Residential Services in Wabash meet
and maintain licensing regulations, Treatment Model of Care
standards, COA standards, ethical standards, and applicable Best
- Review incident reporting entries daily to monitor trends and
provide guidance and oversight for managing risk related to CPS and
DCS safety and licensure issues. Serve as the final authority on
all risk management issues that pertain to Residential Services in
Wabash, acting in full collaboration with the CEO at all
- Ensure that safety and reporting standards are well managed;
oversee and ensure that facilities are clean, well maintained, and
meet Board of Health inspection criteria. Program Development and
Performance and Quality Improvement
- Provide administrative oversight for residential program to
ensure that practices, programs, and services are provided within
an evidence based/informed practice framework.
- Work with CEO, Program Director, and other leadership staff on
the Wabash campus to establish programmatic goals and objectives
that are consistent with the Mission of WRFS and White's Clinical
- Analyze metrics and findings presented by management staff in
order to ensure that targets are met or objectives are modified as
- Ensure that best practices for effective performance management
and training are implemented and utilized in order to maximize
productivity, develop talent, manage retention, and meet program
goals in a most efficient manner.
- Work closely with management team and Chief Operations Officer
to ensure that all staff are aware of and work together to achieve
- Regularly review operational Residential Key Performance
Indicators and ensure that an effective performance and quality
improvement program is in place that includes a comprehensive
system of assessment tools and timelines and that mitigates risk
and drives continuous improvement. Business Development
- Lead, supervise, and coordinate business relations, business
communications, customer service, and successful outcomes in a very
competitive business environment.
- Collaborate with CEO and other senior leaders to set strategic
enrollment goals and programmatic objectives that are aligned with
White's strategy and Board-approved goals.
- Analyze current placement agency relations, placement trends
and outcome information; forecast programmatic changes that need to
be made in order to maintain a competitive advantage and meet the
needs of placement agencies.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and mutually beneficial
working relationship and arrangements with community agencies,
educational institutions, groups, and organizations. Spiritual
- Ensure that a Spiritual Life program exists for staff and
students that effectively cultivates and grows spirituality across
all facets of the programs in alignment with White's mission and
within contractual parameters. Skills, Supervision, Knowledge, and
- The Vice President and Executive Director of Residential
Services must be an individual with a Christian and professional
commitment to work with staff, students, and all agency
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, and be a positive
- Must demonstrate excellent public relation skills and represent
White's in a professional manner.
- Must work to build strong relationships with outside agencies,
both public and private, to develop a strong support base.
- Must be a person who takes initiative and works with minimal
- Must have working knowledge of budgets.
- Must have advanced ability to use technology, including a
working knowledge of Google applications...... click apply for full
Keywords: White's Residential & Family Services, Fort Wayne , VP/Executive Director of Residential Services, Executive , Wabash, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!