$10K Sign-on Bonus - RN Clinical Manager - Home Health
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for the supervision, management, coordination and
provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal
responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care and
ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory
requirements. Accountable for measuring, monitoring, and managing
quality of patient care, achievement of key performance indicators
and organizational clinical performance. Participates in
interviewing and hiring of clinical staff and responsible for
management/development of the clinical staff. Assist other
disciplines in coordinating activities when necessary, assuming
responsibility for continuity, appropriateness and quality of
- Develops, plans, implements, analyzes and organizes clinical
operations for the care center.
- Reviews requests for services and determines patient
eligibility and suitability for home care services. Works with
intake in coordinating patient referrals and admissions.
- Oversees scheduling activities to ensure patient needs are met.
Reviews assignments as appropriate with the patient services
coordinator and professional and support staff.
- Oversees payor verification and pre-certification requirements.
Communicates with payors and their representatives with updates and
responds to requests for information.
- Responsible for review of documentation of other staff members
including the Oasis data collection, starts of care,
re-certification, physician orders, daily progress notes and other
related documents ensuring appropriateness of care, delivery and
documentation requirements are met. Ensures missing, incomplete
and/or untimely documentation issues are resolved.
- Oversees and assists clinicians in establishing immediate and
long-term patient goals, setting priorities and developing Plan of
Care (POC). Responsible to oversee the management and delivery of
patient care, including utilization management, episode management
and patient outcomes. Oversees the assignment of the appropriate
clinical pathways and implementation of the plan of care and
physicians' orders for patients.
- Oversees clinicians in the provision of care and services
requiring substantial and specialized professional skills set (per
applicable discipline practice act and standards of practice) and
in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician.
- Oversees the professional staff to ensure timely communication
of changes in the patient condition to the physician and receipt of
necessary changes in orders. Ensures communication of changes in
the plan of care to the appropriate staff.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient;
initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to
the patient's plan of care in collaboration with the clinicians
- Leads regular patient care conferences and promotes
coordination and communication of information relevant to the care
of the patient to ensure quality of care.
- May provide direct patient care on an infrequent basis and only
in times of emergency.
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call,
preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to
improve quality and continuity of patient care. Performs chart
audits and other activities of data collection.
- Responds to Additional Documentation Requests/Denials as
directed by the regulatory affairs department.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training and
development of clinical employees and patient services
- Assists with and coordinates training of appropriate staff to
ensure quality care, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Instructs and guides clinicians to promote effective
performance and delivery of quality home care services and is
always available during operating hours to assist clinicians as
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance, including through
on-site evaluations. Holds employees accountable for the attainment
of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance
redirection and corrective action when needed. Develops employees
through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job training and
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Operations on
addressing staffing, referral sources, physician and client
concerns/needs. Documents incidents or errors involving schedule
problems and/or any other concern as appropriate.
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of
- Partners with operations and business development staff in
meeting budgeted admission goals. Participates in sales and
- May function as Agency Administrator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- One (1+) year of RN experience in a Home Health or Hospice
- One (1+) year of supervisory and/or management experience as a
Registered Nurse in a healthcare environment.
- Current CPR certification.Amedisys is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Fort Wayne , $10K Sign-on Bonus - RN Clinical Manager - Home Health, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!