Senior Design Director
Company: Purdue University
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Purdue University Fort
Wayne is seeking innovative design and hands-on creative services
leadership to serve as the new Senior Director for Integrated
Marketing and Creative Services. The individual will be an
experienced "design thinker," a passionate "brand developer," a
strong "visual storyteller," and an experienced and keenly "data
aware" proponent across initiatives from concept through execution.
The senior design leadership position will play an active,
supportive, collaborative, and engaging role in a wide variety of
major initiatives across the university's brand and related
sub-brands, awareness and marketing campaigns, major events,
innovative advertising campaigns, and executed across multiple
communications platforms to support the university's comprehensive
efforts to help target, inform, and engage with key audiences.
Ideal candidates will be creatively engaging, inclusive, and aware
communicators, demonstrating and showcasing an exceptional platform
of design and cultural aesthetics; attention to detail; and
well-versed in current and emerging marketing practices, design
trends, and innovative social and digital approaches. Your day to
- Strategically expand, direct, create, and implement new design
and marketing efforts and integrations, and build out dynamic
systems and asset resources for platforms. Leverage robust
guidelines and frameworks in a growing and cohesive design
ecosystem to support direction of identity design, digital campaign
design, social media campaigns design, multimedia integration,
inclusive and dynamic art direction, high-level content
integration, and the user and event experience integrations.
- Work within new, innovative, adaptable, and resource-rich brand
and technology driven frameworks, and create a design culture that
continually expands and discovers new ways to better connect,
attract, and inform our audiences, including prospective students,
current students, faculty and staff, alumni, donors, communities,
and a variety of campus partners.
- Support a highly creative, respectful, and team-oriented
philosophy; attend and actively participate in various PFW
initiatives and events, and help the department collect valuable
creative intake, provide key user insight, and help develop and
deliver engaging presentations.
- Work collaboratively with other highly talented and effective
Communications and Marketing team managers to expand on projects
with innovative and hands-on design efforts, art direction, and
production alignment skills by expertly identifying and creatively
using dynamic images, photography, video, and a variety of
storytelling assets. Align design efforts to directly support other
creative teams such as the Multimedia team with photography and
video-based projects; the Editorial Services team with content and
organization solutions in design; and the Web Services team with
new digital design assets and solutions.
- In collaboration with the department's leadership team, the
Senior Design Director will directly manage the design team's
multi-faceted creative and production processes including design
project integration and resource planning; direction and
development steps; review management stages; vendors, specs, and
production coordination as needed; and design and execution
planning for multi-phase environmental experiences. Oversee
management of the design team timelines and status reports in both
department meetings and the overall project management software,
- Senior Design Director position reports directly to and
creatively collaborates with the Associate Vice Chancellor for
Communications and Chief Marketing Officer, who serves as the
university's senior creative director to help identify and support
key priorities and vision; effectively develop, refine, and measure
multiple long-term strategies and campaigns; and enthusiastically
champion and help pave the way for all transformational, creative,
and multifaceted initiatives across the University. Why we'll love
- You've worked hard to earn a Bachelor's degree in design,
communications, arts, multimedia, or related field.
- You have a minimum of six to seven years managing digital and
traditional design in a professional environment.
- Your highly talented creative work, that was created and
engaged directly by you, is supported by strong portfolio that is
accessibly sent as part of your application.
- Effective and highly relatable creative supervisory
- Exceptionally talented and agile creative thinker and a strong
and hands-on design leader.
- Outstanding track record for partnering and drawing out the
best in other creative professionals and helping colleagues across
many areas understand, celebrate, and embrace creative
- Values ideation and execution and has demonstrated skills and
experience in the creative flow process. Cont.
- History of developing strong evidence-based, data-informed
- Confident presentation skills and an understanding of methods
that will draw others in, teach and mentor new concepts, and
engender effective dialogue and buy-in.
- Excellent project management, analytical, multi-tasking, and
- Ability to lead, plan, develop, and implement projects and
programs that deliver on priorities and follows direction and
assignments and leadership.
- Maintains effective and sustainable relationships while also
able to redirect interest if a project is not viable or aligned
with other priorities at the time.
- Able to be creative, flexible, and resilient in handling any
potential project changes or other unforeseen issues.
- Ability to assume proper and relatable accountability to
effectively communicate and resolve issues with sound, independent,
and critical judgment when needed.
- Solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations within
all communications and execution channels.
- Strong fluency and direct skills across the Adobe Creative
Suite as well as other leading execution and project planning
software and platforms, along with proven expertise in major
digital, traditional, and emerging delivery models.
- The position sometimes requires presence and commitment before
8 a.m., after 5 p.m., and on weekends, both on and off campus. Some
local and regional travel may be required for meetings, events, and
- This position may be required to be in communication with other
Office of Communications and Marketing staff and senior
administrators, and/or perform key work tasks in off-hours or
off-location conditions as required to execute special projects or
critical communications as conditions may demand. Why you'll love
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself,
spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available on first day of
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this
- A background check will be required for employment in this
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions ImmediatelyPurdue
University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity.
Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive
community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity
of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and
mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully
committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals,
including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Purdue University, Fort Wayne , Senior Design Director, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!