Sow Unit Manager
Company: Cooper Farms
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Title: Sow Unit Manager
Location: 22348 Rd 140, USA, Oakwood, OH, 45873
Other Compensation: Paid vacation upon hire, 8 paid holidays,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance; FREE healthcare
clinics, 401(k) plan with company match, monthly and year-end
profit-sharing bonuses, $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and
deals on turkey products.
Job Category: Management
Name: Heather Parrett
Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in
Northwest Ohio for over 80 years. A commitment to teamwork and
quality has made us one of the top turkey, hog and egg companies in
the U.S. and awarded the company and its team an excellent
reputation. Our Oakwood Division located in Paulding County, Ohio,
breeds hogs and turkeys while providing the best care to our
animals in a small team setting. Cooper Farms is currently seeking
a Sow Unit Manager to join our newly remodeled, state of the art
facility, Grand Republic, in Edgerton - Williams County, Ohio.
- Takes an active role in the management of the Grand Republic
location in Edgerton
- Makes strong, confident decisions on a daily basis
- Promotes communication between farm management and team
- Demonstrates animal care in all areas of production and ensures
that animal care is being applied by all employees
- Follows all bio-security measures and maintains proper herd
- Monitor animals daily for feed, water, comfort, and health
- Be familiar with and enforce all aspects of bio-security
- Administer medicines and vaccines as directed
- Ensure daily animal handling activities are done in accordance
- Takes responsibility for alarm calls and all calls related to
- Closely monitors ventilation and environment of buildings
- Keeps facilities clean and well maintained
- Keeps accurate and timely records
- Holds team members accountable and accepts responsibility for
- Promotes team member participation in all company programs
- A two or four year degree in an agricultural curriculum with an
emphasis in production is preferred.
- Experience in personnel management preferred.
- Knowledge of animal care, biosecurity, facilities upkeep and
maintenance, farrowing, breeding, gilt development, record keeping,
supply management, and people management.
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to
our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately
after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and
life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with
company match; monthly and year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great
deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly
wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and
grow with the company. Apply today to learn what "more than a
workplace" really means!
Location: Edgerton - Williams County, Ohio
Keywords: Cooper Farms, Fort Wayne , Sow Unit Manager, Executive , Oakwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!