Assistant Store Manager
Company: Backroad Wellness
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*About Backroad Wellness*
Backroad Wellness is a family owned medical cannabis dispensary
operated by folks born and raised in Ohio. Our mission is to
welcome and educate our local community and give them a fresh
choice for their medical cannabis experience. We are opening
multiple dispensaries in Ohio in early 2023 and we are looking for
passionate talented people to join us on the ground floor and help
us build. We value acting with care, integrity and respect, and the
sharing of knowledge that ensures an exceptional patient and
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store
Manager with the management, oversight, and daily operations of the
Backroad Wellness store. The Assistant Store Manager's primary goal
is to ensure that exceptional patient service is provided while
simultaneously ensuring the KPIs for the store are met or exceeded.
All work is performed in a manner that amplifies the Mission and
Values of Backroad Wellness and creates a uniquely exceptional
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list is not
* Supervise daily store operations
* Assist with the management of all staff members to ensure
exceptional patient experiences are being provided in a safe and
* Supervise and participate in all security, reception, patient
consultation, and order fulfillment operations.
* Ensure register balances, daily closeouts, and daily deposit
reconciliations are thorough and exact.
* Write and deliver store schedules are on-time, and ensure the
schedules are adhered to.
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance
with Backroad Wellness' policies and best practices.
* Ensure the cleanliness, presentation, and organization of the
* Act as the Manager-on-Duty (MOD) in the absence of the Store
* Achieve KPI goals specific to the role.
* Demonstrate leadership and develop effective teams
* Model behaviors consistent with Backroad Wellness' Mission,
Values, goals, and objectives.
* Resolve staff member issues in a timely and respectful manner and
escalate issues to the Store Manager, when appropriate.
* Support the Store Manager with staff member development when they
train, monitor, evaluate, coach and correct performance as
* Assist the Store Manager with interviewing applicants, hiring,
and on-boarding new hires, as needed.
* Ensure all staff members complete assigned trainings.
* Communicate to the Store Manager opportunities for employee
development and performance improvement.
* Manage store inventory and prevent loss.
* Manage product displays and ensure they are labeled accurately,
filled-in, and well merchandised.
* Assist with managing the timely verification and receipt of all
* Ensure staff members are performing all inventory and POS tasks
accurately so that the integrity of physical and logical inventory
* Provide feedback to the Store Manager and the Purchasing Manager
to assist with determining promotions, pricing, and purchases.
* Escalate product issues to the Purchasing Manager and Store
Manager, as needed.
* Perform all duties required of a dispensary key employee.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Possess strong leadership, management, and team development
* Possess advanced knowledge about cannabis products, methods of
delivery and applications
* Demonstrate an understanding of cannabis culture, patient
behavior and buying trends
* Be proficient with software and technology required of the role
including the inventory management/POS, Metrc, email systems,
Microsoft Office Suite, KPI dashboard, etc.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrate a passion for cannabis and the mission of Backroad
* Adhere to the guidelines set in the Employee Handbook and follow
all Company Policies and Procedures
* Be knowledgeable about and adhere to applicable state and local
laws and regulations
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate
initiative to apply solutions
Physical demands and Work Environment
* Work is generally performed in a busy dispensary and requires
frequent contact and interaction with Patients, Vendors, and
* Hours and shifts worked per week are varied and include mornings,
nights, afternoons, and weekends. Shifts vary depending on hours of
operation and business needs.
* Ability to operate a computer, keyboard, iPad or tablet, receipt
printer, and other point of sale equipment.
* Frequent reaching and grabbing.
* Frequent standing and moving for prolonged periods of time
* Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, using ladders, and
moving up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience
* 2+ years of customer service experience in a retail business
* 1+ years of supervisory experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Previous experience as a budtender or equivalent (strongly
* Must pass required background checks
* Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company
regulations for working in the Ohio cannabis industry
* Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
* Must receive and maintain a current and active medical marijuana
dispensary key employee license.
AT BACKROAD WELLNESS, WE BELIEVE DIVERSITY IS A REQUIREMENT FOR OUR
SUCCESS. WE ACTIVELY SEEK OUT DIVERSITY AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL
PEOPLE TO APPLY. PEOPLE OF ANY RACE, AGE, GENDER, RELIGION, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, SKIN COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND ANY OTHER PROTECTED
CLASS, ARE WELCOME HERE.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $23.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 2 years
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Lima, OH 45804: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 2 years (Required)
* supervisory: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Backroad Wellness, Fort Wayne , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Lima, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!