Company: Purdue University
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Purdue University Fort
Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. PFW is committed
to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values
the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance,
sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. We strive to add
hardworking people to our team and we are currently seeking a
Senior Director in our Academic Accountability and Student Success
department. Your day to day:
- Provide leadership, direction-setting, training, management,
supervision and accountability to and for support staff and
- Set and manage strategic advising goals and processes for first
year and at-risk student populations.
- Provide oversight to the academic course withdrawal,
late-withdraw processes, and probation programming.
- Provide strategic direction, insight, and oversight for the
Pathway Program for undecided students across the institution.
- Communicate, collaborate, and make recommendations regarding
academic advising and first year communications and retention while
addressing potential concerns.
- Provide strategic oversight on processes with collaboration
across the institution to execute processes, consistency, and
procedures for all incoming students and students who transition to
academic units after hitting predetermined benchmarks.
- Serve on the Freshman Success Course Task force and oversee the
General University Freshman Success Course (IDIS), its instructors,
and teach a section as needed.
- Provide leadership, communication oversight, and organization
of the Student Advising Council and council meetings. This position
oversees and participates in committees.
- Provide guidance for and coordination of university-wide
advisor training and accountability measures.
- Develop and expand comprehensive academic advising strategies
and best practices by utilizing national and regional research for
academic advisors and counselors in unit.
- Supervise and instruct the university course withdraw process
by providing development, training, communication and coordination
with Financial Aid and the Bursar's office.
- Analyze trends in course withdraw, retention, and assess and
re-develop for efficiency.
- Provide institutional direction for and collaborate with Ivy
Tech Community College offices to execute the Titan to Mastodon
- Oversee the institutional Enrollment In-Take process, which
includes collaborating with multiple campus constituents to help
students through the end of the enrollment funnel.
- Collaborate with units across institutional lines to develop
and expand ways to build and promote a positive culture of
collaboration and support around student success, retention, and
- Serve on the Freshman Success Course Task force and manage the
General Freshman Success Course and instructors.
- Serve on and support sub-committees as needed.
- Act as liaison from Freshman Advising Center to New Student
Programs to facilitate the transition of students to higher
education and our campus.
- Support new student orientation and other programming for all
- Communicate with unit and executive leadership regarding the
activities and concerns of Student Advising Council.
- Communicate institutional initiatives and priorities from unit
and executive leadership to Student Advising Council
- Assess and evaluate institutional and unit academic advising
and other staffing needs and collaborate with unit leadership to
make strategic institutional advising staffing decisions.
- Provide assistance with and coordination of university-wide
advisor training and accountability measures.
- Collaborate to create paths for institutional advancement,
institutional training and accountability measures for academic
- Facilitate advising training and informational workshops as
needed.Why we'll love you:
- You have worked hard to earn a Master's Degree in Higher
Education, Student Affairs, or a related field.
- You have experience working in higher education in an academic
- You have 4-5 years of experience in a management position.
- You are knowledgeable of theory and best practices in academic
advising, student development, leadership, and higher
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- You have the ability to embrace change and to organize and
effectively manage multiple priorities, programs, and projects in a
fast paced environment.
- You have a proven track record of successfully growing
- You possess the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse
set of students, colleagues, and other constituents.
- You have knowledge and experience with Banner (SIS) and
Slate.Why you'll love us:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself,
spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available on first day of
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this
- A background and misconduct check will be required for
employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions ImmediatelyPurdue
Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a
diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women,
individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Purdue University, Fort Wayne , Senior Director, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!