Business Intelligence Specialist - Master Data Management
Company: Parkview Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Summary: This position is an individual contributor and primary
data steward for the organization. The individual will manage the
current inventory of data, ensuring total quality and appropriate
use across the organization. The individual will identify processes
and tools to develop and scale master data management practice. The
individual will govern all data business rules and owns the process
to consider and align on changes and enhancements to the rules.
This position provides regular communications regarding the status
of data quality and impact of events on data. The individual will
partner with the Operations teams, IT, Business Intelligence team
and others in the organization to proactively resolve data issues
and support large, complex data initiatives
Education: Minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science, Information Systems, or Healthcare Informatics. Masters
degree in these or similar disciplines preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience in
Master Data Management/Data governance required
- Minimum of two (2) years of health care experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise-level Master Data Management platform
such as Oracle MDM, Informatica MDM, Stibo Step MDM, Riversand,
- Awareness of MDM trends, MDM Concepts and other technologies in
- Define the short and long-term strategies for data management
to ensure effective delivery of information that meets current and
- Develop, implement, and maintain all data management policies
and procedures, including those for enterprise data warehouse,
Clinical Metrics and Registry Management
- Develop Data Governance policies and identify gaps in current
data management processes and standards.
- Sets technical direction for the overall MDM solution
architecture, defines component architecture, reviews detailed
designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture
across the complete data lifecycle
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional leaders
owning different data systems
- Manage the ongoing quality and application of data supporting
the organization, ensuring high quality data and appropriate use.
Address inquiries from internal and external teams and investigate
and resolve (as needed) data discrepancies.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to build
confidence in the accuracy and quality of data, and work
collaboratively to address perceived gaps in the data
- Collaborate with colleagues on data validation and data
coordination activities. Ensure that the data management processes
are well understood and documented to ensure continuity and
- Participate in the evaluation of new data sources to determine
fit within the overall Parkview data strategy. Assist in the direct
acquisition of data.
- Advise business teams on best data sources to leverage for a
given business question or insight.
- Manage all data vendor relationships and associated contracts,
SLAs, etc. Qualify vendors for data acquisition and identify
actions needed to meet data quality standards.
Keywords: Parkview Regional Medical Center, Fort Wayne , Business Intelligence Specialist - Master Data Management, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...