Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Assists and supports the Branch Manager in leading the branch
team to meet and exceed performance targets, ensuring operational
excellence, and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Assistant Managers assume responsibility in the Branch Manager's
absence, and play a key role in building and retaining customer
relationships. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for
helping customers by discovering financial needs, processing
transactions resolving customer issues, opening new accounts and
offering convenience services.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by working with customers to build
and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and
recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet
- Required to maintain strong knowledge of bank products and
- Ensure the customer's needs are met by partnering with the
appropriate specialist (MLO and FC) to serve the customer's
mortgage and investment needs.
- Conduct behaviors to meet with more customers such as proactive
outbound calling and generating referrals.
- Certified Lender status (NMLS #) is required.
- Works proactively on their own lending production as well as
successfully helps team members generate and execute lending
- Promote and model the Flagstar philosophy - "Live the
- Assist with sales coaching by observing the branch team from
the perspective of the customer. Coach team members on the proper
execution of the sales formula and priority work while modeling the
- Works closely with the branch manager to develop and drive
commitments and behaviors. Proactive leadership is required.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask
questions to determine their needs.
- Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank
transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders,
cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient
manner in accordance with operational and regulatory
- Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their
- Demonstrate strong customers service skills and the ability to
resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
and regulations. Complete all required compliance training.
Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies.
- 1 year retail branch operations and sales experience with
knowledge of bank services and products.
- 1 year recent experience in retail branch banking leading,
managing, motivating and developing a team to meet & exceed
assigned goals within results driven environment
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent Required.
- Bachelor Degree in business-related major preferred.
- Life, Health, Series 6/63 licenses preferred.
- NMLS Required
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve
problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements
and procedures in a retail bank
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing
clients for sales opportunities.
- Proven sales execution.
- Required to assist branch manager to coach and develop
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Fort Wayne , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Decatur, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...