Supply Chain and Materials Manager at PPI, Inc., a division of Midway Products, Inc.
Company: Midway Products Group
Location: Columbus Grove
Posted on: May 29, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Plant
Manager, is responsible for the overall control and movement of
materials in and out of plants. - Directs and administers
purchasing, production scheduling and control, inventory and
warehouse stock control, warehousing sales order entry, customer
service, traffic and shipping. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and organizes activities of material control department
to best utilize personnel to achieve short & long range goals.
- Provides for training of department personnel.
- Ensures that standard procedures are followed in connection of
purchases of material and services.
- Participates in preparations of annual forecasts with the sales
- Devises methods and policies ensuring most efficient and
economical movement of all material in and out of plants.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and
- Coordinates functions related to production and inventory
control, and reviews completed sales orders.
- Has authority to assign work assignments within
- Maintains liaison among plants, sales divisions, and warehouses
to provide efficient customer delivery service.
- Has authority to make decisions regarding materials and
delivery. Participates in capital purchases.
- Authorized to purchase materials, supplies, and our processing
not on established blanket orders.
- This is done through communication with corporate Materials
- Lead and support LTA, MOS and Continuous Improvement
- Performs other essential functions as assigned. JOB
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Prefer Bachelors degree in business or
operations and at least eight years experience, preferably with an
automotive supplier. SPECIAL SKILLS: Ability to understand and
execute contracts relating to materials purchases and deliveries.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach
overhead, and bend to the floor.
- May exert up to 20 pounds of force on occasion. WORKING
- Normal office environment.
- May be subject to plant conditions such as loud noise due to
operating of machinery, physical hazards due to operating and
moving machinery, and breathing fumes and dust.
Keywords: Midway Products Group, Fort Wayne , Supply Chain and Materials Manager at PPI, Inc., a division of Midway Products, Inc., Executive , Columbus Grove, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...