Ops Manager MRF
Company: Republic Services
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: October 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a business unit, the Recycling Center
Operations Manager is responsible for managing the recycling and
other post-collections activities in a Recycling Center. The
position manages a team of Operations Supervisors, Dispatchers,
Operations Clerks, Drivers, Sorters, Helpers and other equipment
operators who are responsible for efficient operation of the
Recycling Center. The Operations Manager works with his or her
General Manager and other managers in the business unit to execute
a local strategy for the marketing of commodities locally or
nationally that complements the Area?s overall strategic operating
and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence
and budget achievement. The Operations Manager oversees all matters
related to recycling operations and oversees effective safety and
accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure
compliance with standards. The position is also responsible for
monitoring and maintaining recycling contracts and permit
compliance. The Operations Manager oversees change management
initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute
to the growth and durability of the operations of the business
- Provide leadership for the recycling and other post-collections
operations of a Materials Recycling Facility by providing
management oversight to all operations staff.
- Manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, performance
management; develop supervisory goals and objectives; and effective
resolution of safety issues and claims.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business unit?s
strategic and operating plan; champion the execution of tactical
initiatives within the Business Unit to maximize the customer
experience, growth and durability, while optimizing
- Drive functional plans within the operations group to execute
against the business plan to achieve or exceed the Business Unit?s
budget and strategic plan to grow the business, achieve customer
experience goals, and meet or exceed service business
- Lead all matters related to recycling and post-collections
operations to ensure overall operations meet safety, compliance and
P & L objectives.
- Monitor and maintain recycling contract and permit compliance
with inbound material and production of commodities; ensure the
implementation of state-of-the art technology to reduce residue
from inbound recycling streams.
- Coordinate the production of commodities with inbound volume
and material type; adjust resources to market and seasonal
- Work with the General Manager to develop sales strategies to
market commodities locally or nationally; monitor local regulations
and market conditions to develop new recycling opportunities.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards
including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting
- Approve expenses and manage budget for the operations
department including approval of purchase orders and vendor
- Develop a best-in-class team and workplace culture and
effectively manage performance and talent development; drive
- Build and maintain strong and effective relations with relevant
government, community and environmental groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sites.
- Experience in labor relations.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability
to execute against formulated strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.Able to direct
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Demonstrated ability to optimize near-term results that
contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
- Bachelor?s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience or
participation in Republic Services? management trainee
program.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Fort Wayne , Ops Manager MRF, Executive , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!