Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Why Interim Healthcare of South Bend?
- We are franchise 500
- Ranked #1 in category for 2022
- Over 50 years of experience into our signature standard of
care, HomeLife EnrichmentWhat is in it for you:
- Sign On Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Mileage ReimbursementEssential Functions: -
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the
patient's/client's needs at appropriate time points as
- Contributes to the patient's/client's plan of care/service
- Participates with the patient/client in clarifying mutually
agreed upon goals and incorporates these goals into the plan of
- Provides care according to the patient's/client's plan of
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting
healthcare/nursing and related needs.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient's/client's progress.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Communicates with the physician and other staff of changes in
the patient's needs.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Assigns home care aide to a specific patient/client.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Coordinates plans for patient/client discharge from
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage individual patients/clients.
- Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs
- Contributes to Office business growth.
- Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of
- Able to perform CPR.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to
practice as an RN in the state in which employed.
- License is active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an RN within the
last 12 months.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort (con't): -
- Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach
- Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients. -
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist patients with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.ADA
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living
facility, school or occupational setting.
- Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying,
pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching,
bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching
and climbing stairs.At Interim Healthcare, the health and safety of
our people is our number one priority. - We require COVID19
vaccination, or individuals with medical or religious beliefs or
practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an
exemption from the vaccine requirement. Please note if approved for
an exemption, we require weekly testing. (Please get in touch with
Human Resources for details regarding the Medical and Religious
exemption procedure).Interim HealthCare of South Bend provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender,
religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or
veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Fort Wayne , RN, Healthcare , Bluffton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!