Student (Nursing) Apprentice - Surgery (PRN)
Company: Dupont Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Schedule: PRN, hours and shifts vary
Under the immediate supervision of a Team Leader/ Team Specialist
and the clinical leadership of a Registered Nurse, performs basic
patient care procedures to support the unit health care team.
Performs clerical/reception services
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Licensure: - - -
- -BCLS within 60 days of hire
- -Basic EKG - CLIN within 90 days of hire
Experience: - - - None Required
Education: - - - - - High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of sophomore year for students pursuing a BSN nursing
Completion of first year for students pursuing an ASN nursing
*Unofficial Transcript of classes must be submitted for review
along with current/upcoming class list each semester for
consideration for nurse apprentice program.
Must successfully pass boards within four months of graduation from
nursing program. If nursing license is unachieved within allotted
timeframe, team member will be converted in to a Unit Secretary/
Nurse Tech role if available.
Other: - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1) - Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal
2) - Demonstrates basic knowledge of nursing practice, procedures,
techniques, equipment utilized and applicable regulations.
3) - Requires an understanding of basic EKG rhythms (per area of
4) - Requires organizational skills to assign nursing staff.
5) - Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal and communication
skills, both verbal and written, in order to establish and maintain
positive therapeutic/working relationships with all
internal/external department customers, as needed.
6) Requires a working knowledge of the related behaviors, needs and
comfort appropriate to the age (including neonate, child,
adolescent, adult, aging adult) and diagnosis of patient served in
order to support the provision of an individualized
interdisciplinary plan of care.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email -firstname.lastname@example.orgEducationRequired
- Some college or better in Nursing
- High School or betterPreferred
- General Education Develop or betterLicenses &
- C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
- X-Lutheran Health Net-EKG
Keywords: Dupont Hospital, Fort Wayne , Student (Nursing) Apprentice - Surgery (PRN), Healthcare , Lagrange, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!