LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse - Coping Center - Part Time - Afternoons
Posted on: January 26, 2023
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being.
That's evident the minute you walk through the doors of ProMedica
Defiance Regional Hospital.Located about 60 miles southwest of
Toledo in Defiance, Ohio, our facility was constructed in 2002 and
designed to promote a healing environment. It also has
state-of-the-art technology and private rooms that feel like a home
away from home.
Being a community-based hospital, we also have a professional
office building where you'll find many primary and specialty
doctors. In addition, we're a critical-access hospital and
accredited by the Joint Commission, the industry leader in setting
healthcare standards. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center
and Level III trauma center.
A Licensed Practical Nurse functions under the direction of a
Registered Nurse to assist in the planning and delivery of the care
required for a patient or group of patients, complying with
established standards of practice in conjunction with all members
of the health care team. -
- Demonstrates knowledge of depressive symptoms, suicide risk
factors, and indications of potential for violence to others.
-Recognizes signs of hallucinations and delusions.
- Demonstrates therapeutic verbal and nonverbal communication
skills including, but not limited to clarity, proper timing, active
listening, attending, paraphrasing, utilizing silence, redirection,
kinesics (body movement), paralanguage (voice quality and
nonlanguage sounds), proxemics (use of personal and social space),
and touch. -Demonstrates knowledge of components of therapeutic
- Knowledge of potential side effects and adverse effects of
psychotropic and anxiolytic medications.
- Provides supportive and educational counseling related to
stress management skills, communica -tion styles, medication
management, and activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of the use of restraint
and seclusion (appropriate use, proper application, monitoring
according to policy and accurate/complete documentation.)
- Demonstrates therapeutic crisis intervention skills with the
acting out patient. -Has knowledge of and utilizes de-escalation
techniques, i.e. appropriate responses to patient behavior level
"anxious/supportive; verbally acting out/verbal and directive;
physically acting out/physical response appropriate to situation;
cooling off/therapeutic alliance and debriefing of
- Recognizes the importance of hearing, vision and mobility
problems in the care of the geriatric patients.
- Considers the developmental level when providing care to the
- Demonstrates ability to recognize positioning needs in
physically challenged patients.
- Uses appropriate methods to communicate with family/significant
others including tone of voice, inclusion in patient's care (with
patient's permission) as appropriate, and avoiding jargon. -
- Graduate of an approved school of practical nursing. -
- Currently licensed LPN in the State of Ohio, including required
documentation to administer medications. -
- Maintains licensure, including continuing education to possess
required CNE's. -
- Basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral,
social, and nursing sciences. -
- CPR certification (Healthcare Provider CPR). -
- Demonstrates productive interpersonal and human relationships,
service orientation, and guest relations.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - For more information,
please visit -www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
-without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
religion, -sex/gender (including pregnancy), -sexual orientation,
gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental
disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship,
familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally
protected category. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
job with ProMedica, please contact -email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Fort Wayne , LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse - Coping Center - Part Time - Afternoons, Healthcare , Sherwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!