Phlebotomist, Full-time, Second Shift
Company: Lutheran Hospital
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: May 29, 2023
- Under the direction of the Phlebotomy Supervisor, provides
support to technical staff in the identification, collection,
logging, processing, and distribution of laboratory specimens and
- Performs registration of patients and other clerical duties.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Phlebotomy certification preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of six (6) months of Phlebotomy experience to include
pediatric, adolescents, adults and geriatric guests preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in related field (science, medical assisting,
etc) preferred. Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Hospital service theme and/or
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems.
- Requires analytical and organizational skills in order to
provide efficiency for all patients that require their
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills,
verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all
internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform phlebotomy on all ages (neonate,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Demonstrates ability to and requires knowledge of laboratory
testing, medical terminology, data entry, reporting procedures and
related laboratory equipment in order to process specimens
- Requires a working knowledge of laboratory policies and
procedures in regard to specimen collection, processing, testing
and reporting; in addition to the operation and maintenance of
related equipment in order to support uninterrupted services in
- Must be able to accept responsibility, make independent
decisions and interact with professionals.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne , Phlebotomist, Full-time, Second Shift, Healthcare , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...