Medical Assistant - Allergy & Immunology
Company: Blanchard Valley Health System
Location: Columbus Grove
Posted on: November 20, 2023
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the Physician,
assist in office and lab procedures, point of care testing,
injections, phlebotomy, sterilization of instruments and clerical
duties. Provide patient centered care. Blanchard Valley Health
System - Mission, Vision and Values: Mission: Caring for a
lifetime. Vision: Extraordinary people. Exceptional care. Values:
Integrity, Compassion, Skill, Collaboration, Innovation & Humor
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard
Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to
more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. JOB
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Duty 1: -Manages daily patient and provider
flow. Duty 2: -Assist Physician with patient care as required. Duty
3: -Ensure that exam rooms are prepared for each visit and set up
clinical areas. Duty 4: -Able to know, understand and follow
directions as given by the provider and leadership. Duty 5:
-Conducts phlebotomy and point of care testing, based on practice
needs. Duty 6: -Accurately complete the registration process. -
Duty 7: -Chart documentation. Duty 8: -Responsible for using your
clinical and clerical skills. Duty 9: -Responsible for enhancing
our patients experience and upholding the mission, vision and
values of the organization. - Duty 10: -Willingness to participate
in process improvement. Duty 11: -Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication
- This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that
you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work
at another BVMP Practice, as needed. Ability to cross-train to
other positions within the practice, as needed. -
- Behavior needs to adhere to BVHS policies regarding workplace
civility and standards of behavior.
- Comply with all organizational privacy policies and procedures.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient status. - Must be able to interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide
the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Medical Assistant Certification/Registered/Diploma.
- Previous Medical experience.
- Experience in giving injections/blood draws preferred
- Medical terminology experience preferred
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
- Experience taking manual and/or electronic vitals.
- Experience communicating with patients over the phone and
- Experience with sterile procedures.
- Experience assisting Providers with procedures.
- Experience working in a medical practice. PHYSICAL DEMANDS This
position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent
walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
sitting, and standing. - The associate will be required to walk for
up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit for two
hours. - The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and
reach work above the shoulders. - - - The individual must have good
eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate
machines. - The individual must have excellent verbal communication
skills to communicate with patients, providers, and co-workers. -
The associate must have vision corrected and hearing in the normal
range. This position is classified "at risk" for possible
occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV,
Keywords: Blanchard Valley Health System, Fort Wayne , Medical Assistant - Allergy & Immunology, Healthcare , Columbus Grove, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!