Server - Restaurant Team Member
Company: Bob Evans
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Bob Evans... Where Good Grows!
- Do you want daily tips, including credit card tips?
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be
given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you looking for your first job, second job, or just looking
to make some extra cash? Maybe you're looking to work after school
and on the weekends?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated
like friends and friends are treated like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage
you to apply. At Bob Evans, you are in the driver's seat of your
career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, "You can't look at your
future in your rearview mirror." Put that turn signal on, change
directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows. Not
sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our
employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.Full-Time and Part-Time
positions may be available We continue to update our safety and
sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state
guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our
employees and guests. Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant
and participates in E Verify.Statement of
position is responsible for coordinating entire station and
communicating with front-and back-of-the-house personnel to provide
an exceptional dining experience to our guests. Welcomes guests to
the restaurant, help them find menu choices using situational
selling techniques, anticipate and respond to guest needs in a
prompt and friendly manner, and invite them back
- Takes guest orders utilizing menu knowledge and situational
selling techniques. Serves food and beverages to the guests
promptly, ensures all items are prepared properly and on a timely
basis, and following the standards set by the restaurant.
- Communicates professionally with guests to determine their
needs and help them with menu selections.
- Communicates new promotions and product information to
- Demonstrates knowledge of menu items by describing food items
properly. Maintains company standards for quality food; serves only
food that meets standards.
- Inputs orders accurately into the computers.
- Practices safe food and beverage handling, and clean up at all
- Safely handles food prep equipment such as knives, coffee
maker, ice tea machine, etc.
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning
dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- Communicates and interacts with guests, handles crowds, and put
guests at ease.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills
- 0-2 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- At least 16 years of ageQUALIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS:_______________________________________ To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to
contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer
reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job the employee will
regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 30 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Keywords: Bob Evans, Fort Wayne , Server - Restaurant Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!