Specialist Technical Training, Packaging
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE The
primary function of the Specialist Technical Training, Packaging is
to coordinate departmental resources and training efforts for the
assigned department to ensure that related job function documents
are current and consistent with each other and accurately reflect
the methods used to perform various functions by departmental
employees. This includes planning, organizing, directing,
occasionally conducting, and controlling the training activities
for annual training requirements, technical on-the-job training,
new employee orientation/ training, and other training as required
or assigned by Training & Development or the department supported.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring job related information
is consistent between work orders, job procedures, job aids, Plant
Control Procedures, and Job Safety Analysis documents. WHAT WE
OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of the following training as required or
as-needed: Safety GMP Technical and procedural training New
equipment, business conditions, regulatory reform or updated
- Ensure consistency of technical training.
- Develop, update, and track on-the-job technical training for
all new department personnel or those assuming new positions within
- Ensure there is consistency between the methods described in
the Work Orders, Job Procedures, Columbus Plant Control Procedures,
and Job Safety Analysis.
- Monitor and track the department training activities of the
- Maintain close liaison with the area they support as well as
all other areas of the plant.
- This would also include peers or employees at the other
- Partner with management to ensure the utilization of the most
efficient resources, both internal and external, to accomplish the
- Write, issue and update job aids and other training documents
(informationals) as needed by the department.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of department
training in monthly employee meetings.
- Partner with all areas of the plant to develop and implement
new directives from Division and Corporate.
- Provide support and knowledge to the Training Technicians as
needed or requested.
- Develop improved training content and methodology.
- Serve as a resource in the department supported on projects and
- The Technical Training Specialist has full responsibility for
their own work.
- ---They set up training schedules to ensure new/transferred
employees receive proper training as well as ensuring all other
required training is completed and documented according to plant
- Errors in this training process or documentation could result
in defective product, rework, corporate compliance observation, a
FDA product recall, batch destruct, or serious health risk to the
- This position works closely with Quality Systems, Employee
Health & Safety, all other manufacturing areas, their peers, and
some outside vendors on a daily basis.
- Involvement with personnel issues and disciplinary action may
occur as it relates to proper training and documentation of the
- A Technical Training Specialist may be asked to provide the
supervisor or manager of the area they support with a confidential,
objective, and impartial assessment of how employees are
progressing in their training. Education
- High School Diploma / GED or an equivalent combination of
education and work experience
- Bachelors Degree ( 16 years): In Business, Science, Food
Technology, Education and Development or Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum 2 years: In a manufacturing environment.
- Provide the technical and administrative responsibilities
needed to coordinate and conduct training in a manufacturing
- In-depth departmental knowledge of the manufacturing principles
and techniques as well as various techniques for training both
technical and non-technical subjects.
- Must be able to solve problems by determining the root cause
and develop a sound plan to address the problem.
- Receives broad instruction periodically, however, the
individual has a great deal of latitude in implementing training
programs to meet department objectives consistent with the
department and Education & Development guidelines.
- Must also utilize strategic planning skills and a long-range
perspective in order to adequately prepare the organization for
future demands and avoidance of potential problem areas. Additional
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent Optional: Bachelor
s Degree in Business, Science, Food Technology, Education and
Development, or Human Resources
- This is required to provide the technical and administrative
responsibilities needed to coordinate and conduct training in a
manufacturing environment. Incumbent must have a minimum of 2 years
in a manufacturing environment.
- This job requires an in-depth departmental knowledge of the
manufacturing principles and techniques as well as various
techniques for training both technical and non-technical subjects.
Incumbent must be able to solve problems by determining the root
cause and develop a sound plan to address the problem.
- This position receives broad instruction periodically, however,
the individual has a great deal of latitude in implementing
training programs to meet department objectives consistent with the
department and Education & Development guidelines.
- Incumbent must also utilize strategic planning skills and a
long-range perspective in order to adequately prepare the
organization for future demands and avoidance of potential problem
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Fort Wayne , Specialist Technical Training, Packaging, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!