Sr Principal Software Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Clearance Type: Interim Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop
Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce, and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
mission. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and
collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you
start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on
earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and
launch your career today. #definingpossible The DARC Program is
currently seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer to join our
team. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop
Grumman's Space Surveillance & Environmental Intelligence Division
within the Space Sector.As a Software Engineer you will be
Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software
applications and systems that contain logical and mathematical
solutions for radar systems.Responsibilities:
- Software Model Based Design using Cameo, Rational, or similar
- Write scripts (bash) to move data between components and will
often have to debug a disconnected system (data cannot be moved
- Write parsers to translate binary data into standard
- Develop code and logic to send/receive JMS messages to
start/stop processors execution.
- Debug and troubleshoot at a system level.
- Perform analysis on systems to determine bottlenecks and
- Quickly prototype potential solutions by coding logic in
C/C++.Basic Qualifications Senior Principal Software Engineer:
- 9 Years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; 7 Years
of related experience with a Master's; 4 Years of related
experience with a PhD;
- Must have Active/Current or Interim Secret clearance or or
higher to be considered** (Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret
- Directing the design, implementation, and verification of
real-time embedded software.
- Linux and C/C++ programming experience.
- Demonstrated experience with direct control of hardware devices
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development or
integration issues using innovative solutions.
- Experience with project management utilizing the Scrum
techniques of the Agile software development process.
- Knowledge of Radar SystemsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM
- Java, Metlab experience
- Experience with Radar Signal Processing Experience
- Parallel Programming background
- Demonstrated experience in MBSE
- Experience with Agile development and continuous integration
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements,
streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
- Previous in-depth domain knowledge of program software design
- Proficiency with DevOps technologies including Jenkins,
Fortify, Ansible, Atlassian suite This position's standard work
schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a
nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday
off. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you
are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee DiscountsThis position reports to Colorado Springs,
CO, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Bellevue,
NE, NE, USA. Salary Range: $112,000 USD - $176,900 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Fort Wayne , Sr Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...