AVP, Claimant Service Excellence
Company: Lincoln Financial
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA
(Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Concord, NH (New
Hampshire); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana);
Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha,
NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this
opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000
employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower
Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence.
Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement
Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting,
preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is
the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and
its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under
management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes
magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our
employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and
protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career
development resources designed to help each individual reach their
personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This AVP, Claimant Service Excellence position is responsible for
the overall leadership and direction of a unit located in one or
more sites with multiple distinct teams. The teams provide services
which may span across multiple product lines, markets and/or
channels. The position is focused on delivering competitive,
operationally efficient, and compliant services that place Lincoln
at the forefront of the industry.Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned
area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise
strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of
- Develops and plans strategies, anticipating what is ahead; and
prioritizes business, team and individual objectives based upon the
enterprise and business vision, mission, values and goals.
- Ensures effective customer relations with sales force through
communications, problem solving, and servicing philosophy.
- Ensures team members understand the strategic implications of
decisions, monitoring and execution of the decisions
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her
assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and controls methods to assure compliance with
state and federal regulations, and legal and audit requirements.
Ensures the effective and efficient management of the day-to-day
- Establishes business partnerships and alliances across the
organization and industry; finds common interests and mutually
beneficial grounds to help achieve business objectives.
- Establishes service metrics that meet or exceed customer
expectations. Operate within budget and continually seek
opportunities to contain cost.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes
appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for
assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively
influencing and supporting change management and/or
departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of
strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads
or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the
organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals
and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned
area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s)
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends
for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and
collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new
trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Oversees, directs and controls activities supporting systems
design and enhancements to relating department operations.
- Prioritizes across multiple stakeholders demands to ensure that
resources are coordinated; balances short-term considerations with
long-term goals; and manages overlapping time lines and competing
- Proactively develop, maintain, and maximize positive business
relationships with distribution channels. Partner with our
distribution leaders to resolve requests/issues.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to mentor and advance the
career of others.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to
internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of
- Provides training and development opportunities, including
stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open
feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Sets the standard through daily actions that a diverse and
inclusive workplace/culture is a key element in one's business and
professional success. Understands how and coaches others to
leverage differences to create innovative outcomes.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal
regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site
policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making
suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical
or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and
coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with
ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with
internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and
colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills
including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple
projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years
of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- 10+ Years Experience in client-customer support and operations
that aligns to the responsibilities of this role, including 3+
years experience of managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated
leadership experience including influencing senior
management/critical stakeholders experience. (Required )
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution
Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to
Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may
decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if
it determines political contributions made could have an adverse
impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests,
misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose
applicable political contributions and or fundraising
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our
web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln
Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group
and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer
and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire,
compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants
are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a
person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your
interest for a position through our online application process, or
require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Keywords: Lincoln Financial, Fort Wayne , AVP, Claimant Service Excellence, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!