Tool & Die Maker
Location: Van Wert
Posted on: April 10, 2021
RELOCATION BENEFIT OFFERED!
Eaton's Hydraulic Sector is currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker
FIRST shift to join our team. This position is based at our Van
Wert, Ohio location.
This position you will perform all processes required to
make/repair/recondition, production and development tooling; make
tooling and fixtures to print specifications using hand tools,
precision measuring tools and gages, lathes, milling machines, and
grinders (cutter, surface, cylindrical, radial, axial) both manual
or CNC and EDM machine.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, control plans,
routers, job instructions and measurement tools.
- Maintain flexibility to be able to move from work area to work
area in order to meet the delivery expectations of the customers
and the productivity goals for the plant. Able to work efficiently
to establish standards without constant supervision.
- Promotes cooperation and "team oriented" work environment at
all times under the direction of the leadership team.
- Creates/maintains a safe work environment and practices safety
for himself and others at all times and attends appropriate
- Must maintain a clean and well-organized work environment and
support our 5S program.
- Proficient in use of lathes, mills, grinders, or EDM
- Proficient in furnace and flame heat treating.
- Makes tooling and fixturing per print.
- Team with Production and Engineering employees in problem
- Works with maintenance and production to build and modify
tooling and machine parts with and without prints
- Generate prints, for engineering updates and design
- Maintains the toolroom, facility, equipment, and tooling in an
organized safe and clean condition reflecting plant 5S values.
- Work with maintenance and production leaders to establish task
selection and priority;
- Work safely at all times and attend appropriate safety training
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its
Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to
be completed during Q2 in 2021 and this position is expected to
remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss
A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially
be offered for this position are based on Eaton's plans, programs
and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are
actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction
closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees
concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an
- Minimum of four years' experience Tool & Die and/or Trade
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Van Wert, OH will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One year experience utilizing and understanding Total
Productive MFG. (TPM) philosophy
- One year experience Advanced software experience to run
programs such as AutoCAD
- Associate degree or technical certifications in Tool & Die,
Machining or other related fields
- Must have basic computer skills (Word-Excel-Notepad) to operate
software utilized for our maintenance management (Mainsaver)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Ohio-Van Wert
Van Wert OH Loc
HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Requisition ID :096935
Keywords: Eaton, Fort Wayne , Tool & Die Maker, Other , Van Wert, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!