Health, Safety, and Environmental
Therma Tru Corporation is committed to providing a safe
workplace and promoting the health and safety of its associates.
Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an
environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each
associate. Associates are responsible for participating in our
Company's incident and injury prevention programs as well as our
Company's environmental programs. All associates must comply with
our environmental, health and safety polices and procedures as well
as federal, state and local regulations.
The PE must act as a safety champion in the Butler Manufacturing
Operations and drive safety improvements daily through the
1) Actively participate in the VBS (Values Based Safety)
2) Participate in incident investigations and resolutions
3) Develop process improvements with a "safety first"
4) Immediately address any potential safety issues with the
5) Review and evaluate ergonomic and safety concerns and risks
for all activities and projects
Focus on safety and ergonomics are a required and essential part
of this role. The PE must act as a change agent and strive to
continuously improve and develop a safety focused culture.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to: Lead cost
improvement projects in quality and productivity. Prepare and
implement capital improvement projects and actively participate in
the development of lean processes.
- Responsible for specific sets of processes (more than one) i.e.
PUR, foam, roll forming, steel stamping, machining, etc.
- Development of standard work instructions for assigned
- Develop and facilitate process improvements for assigned
- Work with quality and production to identify gaps between
current process and standardized work and develop corrective
actions to resolve
- Develop production process goals designed to meet sales and
- Complete process improvement projects designed to meet or
exceed sales and budget goals
- Identify and resolve process and quality problems for assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- 4-year engineering degree required
- 5 or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Six Sigma Black Belt and / or Green Belt experience
- Project Management Professional preferred
- GD&T, APQP, and Product Design / Launch experience
- Mini Tab experience preferred
- Experience in SMC processing from formulations of mix to
finished product preferred
- Experience with compression molding preferred
- Experience in steel stamping or processing preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Training experience: leading and facilitating
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Strong ability to drive change
Qualification Requirements - To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of
the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the principal accountabilities.
Physical Demands: Physical demands of performing the duties of
this job include, but are not limited to, occasionally
lifting/handling up to <=50, frequently lifting/handling up to
<=15 lbs, and constantly lifting/handling up to <=5 lbs.
Non-Physical Demands: Include but are not limited to time
pressures, frequent change of tasks, irregular work
schedule/overtime, multi-tasking, working closely with others as a
team, and tedious or exacting work.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
associate works around mechanical hazards, noise and or vibration
on a daily basis. Extreme temperatures, wetness / humidity and
being outdoors are seasonally in nature.
Education and Experience: 4-year engineering degree required
with 5 plus years engineering experience in a manufacturing
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Computer Skills: Proficient use of computers to include Word,
Excel, PowerPoint. Mini Tab experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write