Product Engineer - Aerospace
Company: Trelleborg Group HQ - Trelleborg AB
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary of Role
Aerospace Product Engineer is responsible for designing products
per customer application parameters, preparing design parameters
and document to manufacturing, creating and managing product
verification test plans, creating material specifications,
preparing of custom sealing and bearing designs as a result of a
customer request, and providing technical support for Aerospace
customers, TSS manufacturing and TSS sales engineers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Work within the strategic plan for the Aerospace HUB Americas
segment and the sub segments to include medium and long term
- Creation of custom and seal and bearing designs per customer
- Develop new products for aerospace hydraulic and components
- Creation of manufacturing drawings, inspection drawings, and
sales drawings, or sketches per standard Aerospace Engineering CODs
to support custom seal and bearing designs.
- Recommend/Specify products per customer application
- Combine proposal drawings and supporting data in a formal
package for presentation to customers
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing, customers and
sales personnel on Aerospace Products.
- Prepare and present aerospace product training seminars to
- Travel to customer facilities, both domestically and
internationally, to provide technical support and training
- Develop strategic plans to gain and grow activity with
identified customers or markets
- Utilize seal design programs, computer software, and our
laboratory to develop and compile performance data on existing and
new seal products
- Respond to technical questions regarding product performance
- Complete engineering projects and review other engineers
projects to exceed customer expectations and deadlines
- Create and review results of test and FEA data generated by TSS
R&D, external test labs or customers along with creation of
detailed test reports for use to support seal and bearing
- Facilitate the analysis process in the preparation of costing
- Supplier interfacing and sourcing responsibilities.
- Solve field performance problems
- Keep technically abreast of developments/testing with
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions and related industries.
- Assist in trade shows.
- Lead product development, problem solving and new capability
- Creation of tools or documentation used within the Aerospace
Engineering aimed at ease of doing business and continuous
- Engineering duties for the Aerospace Engineering Product
Engineering Manager and General Manager of Global Aerospace
Distribution as required
- Perform other duties as required, supporting the companys
legitimate business goals
Responsibilities May Include:
- Marketing and Commercial functions
- Reading and summarizing Aerospace and/or Military
- Participation in technical/professional societies
- Special project coordination
- Segment and customer related Business trips
Education and Experience
This position requires the use of information which is subject
to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All
applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR
defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline from an
accredited University required, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of 1 year related experience required.
- Highly proficiency in oral/written communication required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to handle dynamic work load and priorities
- Ability to self-manage and work without supervision
- Product Design experience preferred
- Proficiency in Unigraphics NX1899 or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in Team Center 12.2 or higher preferred
- Knowledge of science of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Clear thinker, with ability to analyze issues and develop clear
and appropriate plans.
- Results oriented with a focus on prioritizing issues which
impact on business performance.
- Excellent networking skills with the ability to influence
without having direct authority.
- Ability to perform risk analysis
- Understand Project management skills and techniques
- Work directly with all marketing facilities to implement and
manage directed strategic plan for Aerospace market and all
- Highly respected and credible professional able to provide
specialist advice on the Aerospace market and technology
- Effective and well organized with the ability to manage a high
and varied workload.
- Truly International outlook with proven ability to work with
colleagues from different countries and work across borders
- Has vision and supports continuous improvement.
- Attention to details, resilience and self discipline
- Teamwork skills
- Travel - 30%
Last Application Date: 2021-07-31
Please right-click the link to open a new tab.
Keywords: Trelleborg Group HQ - Trelleborg AB, Fort Wayne , Product Engineer - Aerospace, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!