Forest Products Trader
Company: Do It Best Corp
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title Forest Products Trader
Division / Department LBM - Forest Products
Reports to Product Sales Manager
Travel As required
This position is responsible for servicing Do it Best Corp.
larger volume key members in multiple sales trading areas in one or
more dimension lumber or panel products and species. Position
provides key members with a highly responsive level of trading
expertise and service. Requires advanced forest products experience
and/or sales experience, an ability to accurately interpret market
conditions, forecast pricing moves, and recommend purchasing
strategies. Responsible for negotiating pricing programs for
members and contributing to corporate strategic objectives and
achievements. The best candidate will be enthusiastic and
passionate about the lumber industry, establishing relationships
with members and vendors, while meeting sales targets..
- Represent Do it Best Corp and it's member/owners/customers in a
professional way to vendors
- Handle all duties related to basic Trader functions: order
generation, confirmations, shipment mechanics, follow-up, and
- Assist members in sourcing products from the vendors with the
best value proposition.
- Daily communication with membership
- Maintaining viable relationships with members and vendors to
attract stronger sales volumes, and better sourcing options.
- Handle all Trader/Vendor/Member issues, including conflicts,
claims, late shipments, etc.
- Continually strive to improve one's knowledge base pertaining
to our products, business, and industry.
- Travel to shows, members, and vendors as required.
- Maintain current and detailed information in the Member
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrate extensive product knowledge in the category(s) they
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years lumber industry or sales/purchasing
- Working knowledge of a LBM Co-op
- Additional Sales Training Course
Skills and Abilities
- Industry/marketplace knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced purchasing recommendation and advisory skills.
- Relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of PC's, Google; Gmail, Documents, Sheets
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work Independently, with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Do it Best Corp.
- Proficient in reading Member/Vendor intentions
- Working knowledge of Lumber Futures Market
- Lumber and panel contract management experience
#Lumber #Negotiating #Sales #LBM #Trading #wholesale
#distribution #Plywood #SPF #Panels #Wood #Treated
Keywords: Do It Best Corp, Fort Wayne , Forest Products Trader, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!