Temporary Facilities Laborer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by
converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods
as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive
and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the
largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in biobased
products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team
members enjoy competitive pay and perks including;
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- Safety and cold weather gear, and more!
ABOUT POET BIOREFINING
Our 33 biorefining facilities produce 3 billion gallons of
bioethanol, 14 billion pounds of Dakota Gold distillers grain
animal feed and nearly 1 billion pounds of our Voila corn oil.
That's a lot of product! We also provide plant-based products like
CO2 for the food and beverage industry and purified alcohol for use
in products ranging from food and beverage ingredients and personal
care products to cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer and industrial
bioethanol. POET also produces JIVE, a product that contributes to
more sustainable roadways by using plant-based ingredients to help
recycle old asphalt. We also buy over 930 million bushels of corn
per year from local producers. It is our role at POET Biorefining
to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each
The Temporary Facilities Laborer is assigned responsibility for
the commercial building site in regards to cleaning, maintenance,
and process support, to ensure the surrounding environment is in a
suitable, clean condition to work.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE
- General landscaping and lawn care: watering, mowing and weed
maintenance, trimming and replacing shrubs, applying lawn
- Internal and external building cleaning and maintenance; glass
window cleaning, painting of hand rails, equipment or guards, light
bulb replacement, general area clean up,
- Access to and usage of facilities equipment to complete work
- Support of general facility projects and repairs; picking up
parts, assisting with equipment repair, cleaning equipment
components, shadow various technician roles
- Operating POET fleet vehicles for maintenance service and
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance
at all times
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in
- Since we're all about teamwork and getting the job done, your
skills may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Pursuing or completion of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license
- Practical decision-making
- General safety awareness and willingness to take direction on
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
on various projects
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication
skills as well as the ability to adapt to change
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office You're capable of
learning new programs
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIESAt POET we believe in developing our team
members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions
that add value to the organization. Each new team member's position
and compensation are carefully determined by considering their
unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at We're all on the same team. We always
communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren't just
slogans on our walls. It's our code
- This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough
understanding of company policy, procedures, and values. Team
members will be required to adhere to all safety requirements at
all times and in all work This position is exposed to work in
multiple environments, including plant, laboratory, as well as an
office environment. The team member may be exposed to high noise
levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and
external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
- Opening valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight
of less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
- Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from
-20 to +100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Using hand and power tools.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: POET, Fort Wayne , Temporary Facilities Laborer, Other , Portland, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!