Design & Development Engineer, Marine Electrical Systems
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big
difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company
that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and
working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've
found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Title: Design & Development Engineer - Marine Electrical
Brunswick, Fort Wayne has another great opportunity for the
right person with 5+ years' experience in product design and
development - primarily in electrical systems. Your opportunities
include leading the related engineering efforts for Pontoons from
components, systems, assemblies, & master model architecture.
You'll have responsibility from concept to production and will
follow the Brunswick product development process and timeline.
You'd be a great fit for the team if you have the right credentials
in a similar role and are experienced using 3D modelling tools such
as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and/or other 3D modeling tools.
You will be responsible to
- design and develop of DC harnesses for the marine market
- help provide solutions for efficient electrical systems
architecture and wiring strategies
- participate in all phases of new product development, from
start to finish
- coordinate efforts as necessary between all functions of the
- opportunistically serve as subject-matter expert (SME) for
electric systems in Brunswick
- participate in the ECN / ECR Process as needed
- establish, update, and manage Bills of Material
- contribute and lead problem solving activities - including
co-development of FMEAs
- support system-level boat testing and validation of
- track cost against an established target cost throughout the
product development cycle
- adhere to best DFMA principles in your designs
- create partnerships with suppliers to enhance design
- maintain a strong CI / VA / VE mindset to maximize consumer
- identify and manage risk, engaging others when you need
- manage projects successfully from start to finish
- travel less than 10% per year
- collaborate effectively with your team as well as
Areas where you've invested in yourself include
- A bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or
a Technical Degree with equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in electrical systems and related
technologies in the marine, powersports, off-road or auto
- a basic understanding of electrical harness fabrication tools
- general knowledge of GD&T
- strong skills in 2D / 3D electrical system / harnesses
- above average written, verbal and presentations skills -
engaging all levels of the organization
- proficiency in Microsoft office tools
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or
solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For
help, please contact our support team at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Keywords: Brunswick, Fort Wayne , Design & Development Engineer, Marine Electrical Systems, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!