Company: Steel Dynamics, Inc.
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Manage the acquisition process for the division's parts,
supplies, services, and equipment in the most competitive
- Manage the purchasing function of non-scrap related products
and the Parts Department.
- Negotiate pricing on major purchases and contract terms.
- Send out RFQ (Request for Quotes) on high volume repetitive
items, and negotiate favorable Long Term Agreements.
- Quote & purchase all Shredder Hammers and Rotors for the
Mid-West Division Shredders.
- Work with suppliers and internal customers resolving issues
related to goods or services.
- Monitor and maintain Contractor Safety & Insurance policies.
Maintain "Eligible Contractor List" for NIN Division.
- Supervise Purchasing/Parts Department employees.
- Obtain lease quotes and review leases for equipment under
- Submit monthly Parts Department Allocation Report.
- Submit Quarterly Cost Savings Reports to EVP of Operations
- Submit annual MBO's (Management By Objectives) report to EVP of
Operations for approval.
- Perform any other functions as assigned by EVP of
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of operations and equipment process.
- Working knowledge of Universal Commercial Codes.
- Ability to generate and qualify leads and close deals.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with
SAI (ERP system) is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to train and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Steel Dynamics, Inc., Fort Wayne , Purchasing Manager, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!