Director of Wellness (DOW)- Cedar Ridge of Ft. Wayne
Company: Cedarhurst Senior Living
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as a full-time
Director of Wellness (DOW) within the Cedarhurst Living
organization! If youre looking for a rewarding opportunity and
desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it
serves apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as
such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate
health care services and support to residents in our Independent
Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach
to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by
respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We
believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they
are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to
About the role
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in an active approach to
resident care, not just passive maintenance. As a DOW with
Cedarhurst, you will be responsible for ensuring the provision of
quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local
regulations while efficiently and effectively leading your care
staff team. In addition, you will promote the physical, personal
and emotional well-being of each resident and work with the
Executive Director, as well as other community leadership, and care
staff teams to strive to reach the ultimate goal, which is to
return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and
independence, when possible.
Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence and understand
the importance of quality, person centered, care. In addition, you
understand the importance and value of communication regarding the
residents care and wellbeing with community staff, as well as with
the residents family members. We view our residents in our
community as family and we strive to provide each and every one
with the best care possible.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree from an accredited School of
Nursing and current state license for LPN or RN is required, with
3+ years of nursing experience.
- At least three (3) years of nursing experience in a senior care
community with proven leadership and organizational skills is
- Ability to oversee the delivery of quality care and services to
our residents in compliance with the regulations pertaining to care
plans and resident assessments.
- Develop and implement nursing service objectives, policies and
procedures in coordination with organizational goals and
objectives, in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Strive to maintain safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Provide nursing coverage and assistance when needed.
- Assess residents and potential residents for appropriate levels
- Manage and coordinate the work of all nursing and care staff,
communicating pertinent resident health and safety
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Comply with all personnel policies, community policies &
procedures, as well as State & Federal regulations and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven
experience in staffing, leading, developing and retaining a strong
resident care team.
- Must possess a proven ability conduct oneself in a professional
manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform
conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families,
employees and others as needed.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from
management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and
beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are
comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong
sense of accountability for results.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), Electronic Health Record systems
(EHR), such as CareMerge
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as
Manager on Duty, when necessary.
- Working knowledge of best practices for caring for seniors with
- Must possess knowledge of state and federal nursing center laws
and regulations regarding senior living care, as well as a solid
understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care
within senior living.
What you need to know when considering a career with
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect
for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence,
dignity and individuality. We believe its important to take time to
get to get to know the residents youll be serving and to put into
practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy trust is earned by outstanding service and
dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to
listen, assist and above all else care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them
with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the
attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable together we are family. Honest care and
personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a
high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and
friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the
overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and
leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life
experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we
encourage you to apply. Be part of making a true difference in our
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst Senior Living, Fort Wayne , Director of Wellness (DOW)- Cedar Ridge of Ft. Wayne, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!