Sr. Scientist, Systems Engineer (Missile Defense) - IR Space Payloads - Fort Wayne
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sr. Scientist, Systems Engineer (Missile Defense) - IR Space
Payloads - Fort Wayne
Job Code: SAS20211502-56613
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Seeking high potential talent to serve as a Spaceborne IR
payload systems Architect and Advanced Concept Engineer. Role will
have an immediate impact for fielding responsive space systems with
overall technical leadership for the architecture, design, and
execution of payload and sensor trades for advanced space-based
missile defense capabilities.
Recognized as an external and internal expert and thought leader
with deep and substantive technical expertise as well as advanced
business knowledge and leadership capabilities. Communicates with
contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of
strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new
concepts, practices, and approaches. Establishes overall direction
for new processes, systems, and solutions. Recommends and
implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with
direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
- Performs IR and visible EO sensor system architecture trade,
strategic technical planning, concept development, requirements
derivation, system integration and test planning, cost and risk and
supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or
product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge
technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, system definition, timeline
analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and
interface definition studies to translate customer requirements
into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or physics with a minimum of
15 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a
minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with space-based infrared sensor performance, optics
and/or modeling & simulation using remote sensing techniques.
- Active Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented
Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Broad working knowledge of current and planned Missile Warning
/ Missile Defense architectures.
- Deep understanding of infrared phenomenology and background
- Experience in space vehicle design, integration, test, and
- Candidate should be self-starter, demonstrate strong
communication skills with demonstrated ability to brief customers,
and have extensive experience in space-based infrared sensor
development, as well as a thorough understanding of the missile
- Leadership capability to guide business or functional teams
without formal management role.
- Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous
groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over
Keywords: L3Harris, Fort Wayne , Sr. Scientist, Systems Engineer (Missile Defense) - IR Space Payloads - Fort Wayne, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!