Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing
the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products
for over 70 years, is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Production
Supervisor for our growing Aardvark Straws manufacturing facility
in Ft. Wayne, IN. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct
business segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our
products can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants,
hotels, and more. As a customer centric company, we strive to
deliver innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate
end users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we
do here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry
forward by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art
Our goal is to have an efficient, effective production system
that meets our customer needs by eliminating waste
The chief responsibility of this position is to drive
operational excellence by owning and continually improving the
manufacturing environment in terms of overall safety, quality,
production performance, demonstrating and expecting organizational
values while working with employees, managing costs effectively,
and developing their employees to meet customer demand.
The Production Supervisor takes the leadership role in
identifying, assigning, directing, scheduling, making
decisions, solving problems and providing leadership services to
employees which include recognition and discipline of
employees. They participates and lead process
improvement/problem solving (PDCA) projects to improve the
effectiveness of the manufacturing process insuring customer
satisfaction and maximum profitability of the operation is
attained. This person plays a key role with the insuring
customer requirements are met.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plays a key role in achieving Food Safety objectives and
support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing
improvement of the SQF system
- Model company values and Lean principles through personal
- Manage daily operations in alignment with basic plant
- Develop team leaders to master processes within the group and
coach other team members.
- Direct accountability to safety performance of the operations -
make best use of standard work and best practices to avoid any
injury to any employee.
- Understand new or different methods/tools/equipment of
manufacturing to reduce labor or material costs - or to decrease
ergonomic risk or other safety hazards to employees.
- Makes sure Leads, techs and equipment are working safely and
using the proper permits, lockout, tagout, procedures etc. List
safety tasks on the work order if needed.
- Ensure standardized work is being followed.
- Uses Project Management Skills and analytical approaches to get
at root causes for issues and determine the most effective actions
to correct problems.
- Develop LSW (Leader Standard Work) and insures it is
- Take action to implement improvements quickly. PDCA- Plan, Do,
- Interacts and communicates proactively with Marketing,
Procurement, Planning, HR, Finance, Marketing and Sales
- Lead and participate at safety, operational, and cross
functional meetings with all departments as
- Develop key performance metrics and plans to improve
performance within the scope of the role.
- Troubleshoot and lead problem solving to prevent problems from
- Use of analysis and data as a predictive technique to identify
unwanted performance trends, the ability to empower others to put
action plans in place to solve.
- Understand Production Rate, Waste, and Labor Standards and how
they are applicable to the company's business processes - Time
- Understand manufacturing capabilities, product features and
- Work with Planning, Cost Accounting, and Value Stream Managers
to assure performance objectives are met and or
- Monitor key metrics and act on root causes of unplanned or
unwanted shifts in performance.
- Completes time studies as needed.
- Insures staff development and training plans.
- Address service disruptions, physical disruption, people
disruptions, and process disruptions and implement corrective
- Drives PIP Savings
- Follow and Maintain all Food Safety, GMP and HACCP
- Safety Practices
- Experienced change manager
- Communication Skills - Presentation/Verbal/Written
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytic Abilities
- Team Management
- Ability to see waste in the manufacturing process and then
prioritizes , develop objectives , and then directs subordinates to
focus on the right activities within the business to optimize
- Ability to determine the key things the business needs to
accomplish, organize work to measure current performance and
improvement progress, and rally people within all functions to
drive toward team-based results
- Networks well both internally and externally, possessing
organizational sensitivity and a natural tendency to communicate
- Is able to "sell" concepts using data that is clearly organized
to support positions taken
- Acts on work needed with little prompting, and does not accept
current methods or practices unless that are proven to be
effectively supporting the business
- Understands who the key internal and external customers are and
works with a mindset to clearly define and understand customer
- Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional
- Professional certification by our recognized accreditation
- 5 Year Professional Work Experience desirable
- Occasionally working hours/shifts to support a 24/7 operations
may be required which would include weekend and off-shift coverage.
May be required 12 hour shifts
The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly access other work centers (some walking, and bending,
occasional stooping, lifting of light materials).
- Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer
usage and general office tasks.
- Safety hazards are minimal.
Disclaimer: The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Statement: To accomplish this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or
without reasonable accommodation, each essential function
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hoffmaster Group, Inc., Fort Wayne , Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!