Under the immediate direction of the unit Team Specialist and/or
Executive Director, plans, manages, evaluates, and provides for the
delivery of patient care through optimal utilization of technical
and human resources.
Responsible for activities such as:
- Performs essential functions of clinical nurse related to
direct patient care;
- Supervisory responsibility for patient care operations;
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
- BCLS within 30 days of hire
- Must complete NIMS modules ICS-100 and ICS-200 within 30 days
- AACN EKG within 90 days of hire
- CPI within 6 months of hire
- TB Consortium within 6 months of hire
- NICHE- GRN Certification within 1 year of hire
- ACLS within 1 year of hire
Minimum of two years in clinical nursing experience as a registered
nurse wiich included charge nurse responsibilities.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in
Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
through working knowledge of multidisciplinary care planning, as
well as nursing practice
procedures, equipment utilized and strong knowledge of applicable
regulations of a particular patient
population, i.e., cardiac care, med-surg. Etc.
Requires strong working knowledge of the normal growth,
development, related behaviors, needs,
comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including
neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult,
geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision
of an individualized interdisciplinary
plan of care.
Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to
prepare and maintain various
documentation/reports, supervise activities of staff and ensure
compliance with hospital policies and
Requires leadership, group cohesion and communication skills
promoting teamwork and group
Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both
verbal and written in order to
establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships
with all internal and external unit
customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer