**This position is posted as a range; Pay grade and title will be
based on the experience and qualifications of the individual
Perform maintenance/repairs on sedans, light/medium/heavy trucks,
trailers and heavy work equipment and any attached equipment,
and/or auxiliary equipment, which is part of the specialized
vehicles, operated by the Company. The following list sets
forth the principal duties required for the job. This list is
not intended to limit assignment of work or the degree of
supervision under all operating conditions. Employee may
perform miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to
that specifically outlined below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1. Service and repair boom/pedestal assemblies
of the Company’s specialized equipment including troubleshooting
equipment; inspect cables, chains and rods; inspect sheave liners;
inspect and repair monitoring system; inspect fiberglass
components; inspect turntable; remove and replace reduction
gearboxes; inspect pins, bushings and bearings; and load test boom
2. Service and repair hydraulic systems
including troubleshooting the hydraulic system; inspect, remove and
replace hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, cylinders and the
accumulator; and remove and replace swivel collector block.
3. Service and repair heating and ventilation
systems including diagnose A/C unit problems; conduct pressure test
on A/C unit; check for leaks using appropriate devices; check
internal system controls; replace compressor; service A/C clutch
assembly; and replace compressor seals, refrigerant hose, condenser
assembly, receiver dryer, and evaporator core.
4. Troubleshoot and repair winch
5. Service and repair the steering system of
Company vehicles including repair power steering pump and manual
6. Service and repair the air brake systems of
Company vehicles including air compressors, air brake chambers, and
air control valves.
7. Service and repair hydraulic and electric
braking systems including inspect and repair master cylinder; test
power unit and vacuum supply; inspect power boost system; repair
power brake system; and service and repair antilock brake
8. Inspect and service differentials and power
dividers and transmission assemblies of Company vehicles
including manual clutch, manual transmissions and transfer cases,
transaxles (front-wheel-drive), and automatic transmissions.
9. Service and repair the fuel and exhaust
systems including computer control system; test and repair diesel
fuel pump; inspect and service intake and turbo system; service and
repair fuel injection system (gas/diesel); and inspect and service
10. Assist others in the diagnosis of more
11. Operate Company vehicles and associated
equipment and perform duties incidental to the operation of such
12. Maintain tools, equipment and work area in
a clean and orderly condition.
13. Maintain records and submit reports as
14. Attend and participate in training as
assigned and assist in the training of other employees.
15. Perform less skilled work as
16. Report irregularities and abnormal
17. Assist employees of equal or higher
18. Direct the work of employees assigned to
FLEET TECHNICIAN B BASIC
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: At least 2 years of strong automotive
mechanical diagnosis with hydraulic and diesel repair
experience. Graduation from an automotive trade school with
diesel engine experience is highly desirable.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must
obtain Class A CDL within 12 months of entry date into the Fleet
Technician B classification or vacate the job classification.
Must obtain Fluid Power Society Certification and two (2)
applicable ASE certifications within 24 months of entry date or
vacate the current job classification.
FLEET TECHNICIAN A BASIC
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Minimum of 18 months of satisfactory work
experience as a Fleet Technician B or the equivalent as
determined through demonstration, examination and/or performance
appraisal as determined by the Company.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license, including
a Class A CDL.
Must possess the following certifications: Fluid Power
Society Certification and any two (2) applicable ASE certifications
Applicable ASE Medium/Heavy Truck Certifications: Brakes,
Drive Train, Electrical Systems, Suspension & Steering, Diesel
Engines, Air Conditioning.
REQUIREMENTS – OTHER: These are additional
expectations for the job and could include specific work
experience, license / certifications, preemployment testing,
expectations about travel, shift work, etc.
1) Must qualify through demonstration, examination
and/or performance appraisal as determined by the
2) Must exhibit competency and aptitude in the
fundamentals and mechanics of vehicle maintenance and
3) Must become familiar with and have the ability to
operate the computer systems utilized by the Fleet Services
4) Successful completion of the Tuff Tech
pre-employment placement test is required for this position.
5) For Fleet Techs that support Transmission, travel
of 80% – 100% may be required.
6) Shift work may be required
REQUIREMENTS – PHYSICAL DEMANDS: List any physical demands required
for this job
1. Work at heights – climbing ladders and on/in
large trucks and equipment
2. Frequent use of hand tools including various
heavy equipment for repairs, ability to grasp, push, pull
3. Ability to lift up to 100 pounds, working in
awkward positions, working overhead
4. Frequent walking, standing on concrete and
occasionally in rough terrain
5. Ability to operate trucks and heavy
Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined