Continuous Improvement Specialist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover
meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale.
Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single
day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to
achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a
step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's
toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure
our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
Oakwood Village, OH
How will you make an impact?
The role will facilitate implementation of the Practical Process
Improvement (PPI) Business System at the site level to intensify
the customer experience, increase employee engagement, and enable
profitable growth. The position collaborates with key stakeholders
to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem
solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves
facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/5S,
value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up
meetings, and project funnel coordination. It also involves
developing capability in these areas by training teams and
providing coaching through the events.
What will you do?
* Train and Coach teams on the PPI Business System in both formal
training sessions and informally on the job. Topics include but not
limited to: lean principles, lean leadership, value stream mapping,
process mapping, Kaizen, RCCM, error-proofing, daily management,
value-add and non-value-added activities, material flow, standard
work, cellular flow, SMED, 5S, visual management, built-in quality,
* Diplomatically act as a change agent and constantly challenge the
status quo; partner with teams to develop an action bias culture
and evaluate existing processes and implement solutions to ensure
safety, improve quality, reduce cost, and sustain best practices
across each value-stream and teams.
* Manage and facilitate continuous improvement projects, Kaizen and
RCCM events, to increase yield, reduce defects, and increase
* Help teams identify new projects through value stream mapping,
data analysis and daily management systems.
* Capture & record training and process improvements. Develop best
practice templates, training content and maintain repository of
process improvement events.
* Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate project savings
estimates, validate reported PPI benefits, and ensure accurate
accounting of PPI Productivity.
* Develop standard tools and resources to leverage across site
* Work with leaders and extended team to develop /promote
/standardize the PPI Business System and share best practices.
How will you get there?
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, operations or
* 5+ years of related work experience preferred (manufacturing,
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated leadership experience.
* Effective time management.
* Great communicator, including solid written, oral and
* High ethical standards to support a professional business code of
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and
positively influence leadership and all levels of the
* Passion for driving improvement and leading change.
* Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching
* Problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process such as: PDSA,
Lean, Six Sigma, PPI, DBS
* Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial
* Experience and a 'hands-on' track record of successfully
implementing continuous improvement
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to
work with us. As one global team of 100,000 colleagues, we share a
common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and
Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve
complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and
support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers
accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in
the job application process. For example, this may include
individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision,
mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a
disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about
your required accommodation to support you during the job
* This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Fort Wayne , Continuous Improvement Specialist, Other , Oakwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!