Material Handler Day Shift (6am-2:10pm) Direct Hire Position
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Material Handler is responsible for the safe movement and
storage of components and finished goods according to the Company's
material management strategy. The position includes managing
material flows for production lines (work-in process components).
The primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure on-time customer delivery: feed and monitor the sequencer,
coordinate preparation and loading of finished products into
trucks, track shipments, and communicate any shipment failures.
- Ensure production lines are supplied with adequate components and
finished goods racks.
- Conduct the implementation of logistics basics: traceability,
labelling, container management, etc.
- Monitor visual management system: deploy visual First-In
First-Out (FIFO) and fill-out physical alert systems when
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of non-standard
quality conditions. Ensure appropriate containment actions are in
place. Advise Supervisor of any continuing problems.
- Follow all Company safety requirements to include PPE, forklift
start-up checklist, propane tank exchange process, and goods
receiving loading/unloading process.
- Work independently with a minimum of direct Supervision to
provide reinforcement to the GAP in a manner that demonstrates
Faurecia's commitment to its seven values and the FES system.
- Work with support functions (production, engineering,
maintenance, materials) whenever necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards and support 5S improvement
activities as needed.
- Other duties assigned as required.
*Physical requirements: *
--- Job involves lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds (full exhaust
assemblies), exerting 25 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and
exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
--- Requires pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking,
gripping, and bending.
--- High mental and visual effort required.
--- Work involves considerable bending and twisting.
--- Able and willing to work overtime when required - up to 12
hours a day / 7 days a week
*Safety / hazards: *
--- Steel toed shoes required in production area at all times due
to physical hazards from moving equipment, machine parts and
--- ANSI Z87.1 standard safety glasses required in production area
due to dust, oils and debris.
--- Ear protection required in production area due to high noise
levels from machines.
--- Exposed to environmental elements during inclement weather
(i.e. rain, snow, etc.).
--- Exposed to significant temperature changes in the facility -
(heat in the summer / cold in the winter).
_The Employee is aware and ensures the respect of the Internal
Rules, Code of Ethics and Management Code applicable in the
establishment to which she/he is assigned._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Wayne, IN 46809: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Faurecia, Fort Wayne , Material Handler Day Shift (6am-2:10pm) Direct Hire Position, Other , Fort Wayne, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!