Purchasing specialist- Automotive Parts
Location: Ohio City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
My client is a family owned Automotive products manufacturing
company that works with an extensive array different materials,
born from solid working relationships with established and material
suppliers and equipment vendors. As an advanced purchasing
specialist will join a tight knit purchasing team to play a pivotal
and supplier facing role in support of new business quotes, project
launches and engineering changes.
This dual focus role combines managing the RFQ Process and Supplier
Sourcing Process from identification of capable suppliers for
participation in the processes, through negotiation of favorable
pricing and terms in alignment with identified material
specifications and supplier support expectations.
Primary Position responsibilities:
- Review prints to identify and understand which materials are
- Identify any items that need clarification needs and address with
the appropriate member of the Quote Team.
- Offer alternative material which could reduce cost for the
- Initiates Supplier RFQ's in accordance with Supplier RFQ
- Support/coordinate Project Engineer's interaction with supplier
- Uploads supplier quote information and assumptions into the Quote
Workbook on a timely basis.
- Initiates price targets and negotiates reductions and supplier
recommended VE alternatives as needed
2. Purchasing, Material Planning and Compliance deliverables for
- Maintain established Purchasing Launch Status Tracking Summary
Report on a weekly basis
- Initiate and maintain regular updates on Project Gate Purchasing
Plan documents for all assigned projects
- Coordinate with Project Engineer and other cross-functional
project team members to ensure all Purchasing,
- Supplier Project Contacts
- Material Planning: Lead Times, MOQ, Qty/skid, Safety Stock, FCA
- Logistics: Skid sizes, quantities, weights, $/UOM Logistics
Estimates & Shipping Type, Inter-plant Plans
and Impacts of alternative Logistics Plans for consideration
Position further Summary:
The Buyer - Automotive Materials position requires a highly
organized, detail oriented professional with the desire to learn
and grow and the ability to manage multiple projects and changing
priorities in a demanding automotive manufacturing environment.
This role requires daily communication with current and potential
material suppliers, as well as interaction with our outside sales,
engineering and quote estimating teams in support of our quote,
launch, change management, prototype, and supplier development
Keywords: Cogs, Fort Wayne , Purchasing specialist- Automotive Parts, Other , Ohio City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!