HR Business Partner
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
- Partners with site leadership to develop and implement HR
strategies and initiatives aligned with overall business and
- Identify and be proactive on resource needs, recruitment,
selection and onboarding processes. Partner with talent acquisition
team on exempt hiring and own hourly recruitment. Conducts
orientation programs for new employees.
- Support current and future business needs through development,
engagement, retention. Develops, proposes and administers approved
wage and salary programs including job analysis; job descriptions;
job evaluation. Enhance overall communication across the
- Utilize data analytics to drive key decision making. Analyzes
hiring, turnover, retention, talent management trends and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with business to assess training and development needs
for the plant/region. Ensure implementation of needed
- Day to day tasks can include payroll administration,
recruitment and employee relations.
- Partner with other HRBP's across the network, work on
organization wide projects and focus on continuous
- Drive annual performance review process to ensure reviews are
completed timely and accurately. Discusses performance with
leadership team as a means of identifying future growth potential
and supporting succession planning process.
- Responsible for assuring that the business segment is in
compliance with laws relative to wages and hours, employee
relations, employee benefits, employment opportunities and other
related employment laws; acts as consultant within the corporation
in interpreting the administration of the laws; seeks assistance
from Corporate HR Director and legal counsel as
- Performs other related duties.
- BS degree in Human Resources or its equivalent.
- At least five years of human resources experience.
Certification is preferred.
- Excelling in cross functional team environment. Excellent
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, as
well as effective presentation skills to be able to communicate
effectively and professionally with all level of
- Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing plant setting
and walking the production floor, interacting with all levels of
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Keywords: balchem, Fort Wayne , HR Business Partner, Other , Defiance, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!