Posted on: January 27, 2023
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager at the Defiance
site and will take EHS functional direction from the regional EHS
Manager. This role is responsible for safety and regulatory
compliance, process improvement, and program management.
- Develops / administers employee training content and maintains
- Ensures that compliance programs and procedures meet the EHS
- Administers and facilitates employee participation programs
including internal audits, safety committee meetings/events,
employee safety observations, and employee incentive
- Manages all EHS regulatory reporting and regularly communicates
status to Plant Manager.
- Participates in and reports out on regulatory audits.
- Responsible for compliance with the 14 elements of 29 CFR
1910.119 Process Safety Management including management of change,
process hazard analysis, mechanical integrity, and contractor
- Administers and manages industrial hygiene monitoring of
- Manages hazardous waste program and recordkeeping.
- Participates as an active member of a management team that
drives plant improvements in safety, quality, lean manufacturing,
- Develops and assists in developing site procedures and visual
work instructions, especially those that create process or safety
- Maintains all EHS records / documentation.
- Supports incident management at the site with direction from
the regional EHS manager and the plant manager.
- Collects data and reports on safety incidents and resulting
- Drives EHS culture continuous improvement - completes assigned
site projects and corporate initiatives while convincing others
that zero incidents is possible.
- BS Degree in Engineering, a physical science, or an EHS
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand the
manufacturing process including all regulatory and quality
requirements to ensure compliance of procedural and training
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and various software
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- 3+ years of production and/or EHS experience at a specialty
chemical or food plant.
- OSHA PSM experience.
- Experience and/or certification to conduct employee safety
training as required by OSHA is also desirable.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and
Keywords: balchem, Fort Wayne , EHS Coordinator, Other , Defiance, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!